X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth thread title
    Why can't people read their coupons?
    Because every so often they get lucky and get the cashier that doesn't read coupons and just passes them through.

The above would apply to about half the cashiers at the swamp. We are constantly having problems with expired coupons being accepted.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth DeltaSierra View Post
      She went and got them and confirmed the entire stack should have been removed, and said 'Thank you for being so understanding - I'll let you have the BOGO deal!"
      Ya see, that's where you missed yer chance -- you should have DEMANDED that they accept them, get the discount, and then complain to corporate anyway so they would send you gift cards
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I admit to not always paying attention to the expiration on coupons, but not out of sc'ness. I just forget to double check :S

Just remember, not everyone is a SC, some of us are an honest mistake.
        Shamus: Why hasn't anybody designs a cranium-anus extraction kit yet? It seems that so many people suffer from a improperly-stored head.

Comment

I have no problem with her forgetting to check the expiration date. It was her finding something to complain about even though I was doing her a favor and the way she fake checked for another coupon. I really honestly said not to do it again in a very nice voice. There was no indication that I thought she did it on purpose, because I honestly did not believe she did it on purpose. I get lots of people that come up with expired coupons that don't bug me, but she did because of the suckiness in the way she acted.

Comment

Corp. & store management has good intentions when they bend a rule to please a customer but you know what they say about good intentions. "The road to hell is paved with good intentions".

Comment

notlovinit, thank you for the explanation. I missed the heart of the suck, but I see it now ^_^
              Shamus: Why hasn't anybody designs a cranium-anus extraction kit yet? It seems that so many people suffer from a improperly-stored head.

Comment

Reading the coupon will defeat the entire purpose of the trick they're trying to pull. It's also inconvenient!
                Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
                X