X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A drive thru pet peeve of mine...

Dear customers,

When you come to the drive thru anywhere, LISTEN!!!!!!!!!!!!

The following exchange happens to me at least once a week:

SC: I'll have a skim white mocha, no whip.
    Me: What size would you like?
    SC: A SKIIIIM WHIIIIITE MOOOOCHA NOOOOO WHIIIIIIIP!!!!
    ME: WHAT. SIZE.
    SC: Oh! hahaha, medium.

Here's your sign...

Oh, I get this often. You should just start assuming they want large--you know, make some sales for the store.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I get that too, with the wording transposed to my business... And they always say it extra loud and clear, as if WE'RE the idiots for not hearing them!
      This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
      I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
        I get that too, with the wording transposed to my business... And they always say it extra loud and clear, as if WE'RE the idiots for not hearing them!

Hahaha, same thing for my work! XD It happens nearly every single shift

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
          Oh, I get this often. You should just start assuming they want large--you know, make some sales for the store.

..and then they'll scream at you cause they only wanted a medium & how dare you try to make them pay more & blah blah blah...lol.

Comment

people in drive-thrus dont listen.

When I used to work at McD's, we thought it was hilarious that people would nod "yes" or "no" to questions asked of them. (occasionally I'd get someone to say "I nodded 'yes'!") A few times I was outside with the headset on (cleaning the parking lot or something), and I'd start the order for the runner, and I'd see the customers shaking their heads "no" when I'd ask if there was anything else.

Comment

I went thru DD drive thru earlier and had a complete brain fart myself. I was waiting in a line of cars for coffee and had my window up. Pulled up to the order board finally and continued staring off into space the lady on speaker probably had to say some thing to me twice before it registered for me to order coffee. I guess I needed caffeine more then I knew.

Comment

Nobody listens. Anywhere. Ever. I get it every day at work:

Me: What is your phone number, please?
                Customer: John Jones.

Or this one:
                Me: What is your name, please?
                Customer: Trucks.
                Me: No, sir, your NAME.
                Customer: Oh, sorry. 1234 Bonehead Drive...
                Me: *sigh*
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I had ANOTHER one tonight!

This time, after she repeated her drink in a slow, "you're such a dumbass" tone, I responded, just as slowly, with: "I GOT that. What. Size???"

I hate people. I hate people. I hate people. I hate people. I hate people. I hate people. I hate people. I hate people. I hate people. I hate people. I hate people. I hate people. I hate people. I hate people. I hate people. I hate people. I hate people. I hate people............................................ ....etc.
                  Here's your sign...

Comment

I always knew you were such a people person, EmilyRose1982. I've been driven that way myself.
                    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

I would take great pleasure in repeating, in the most dry tone, the same. damn. question.
                      At least if it wasn't a rush. In that case, it'd just be angrivating.
                      "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                      "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

My personal favorite is when they refuse to answer at all.

Me: Allright you got x y and z will that be all?
                        SC: ...
                        Me: Anything else?
                        Me: ...
                        Me: Will that be all?
                        SC: ... *drives off*

And then when they get to the window half the time they add to their order.

My co-worker R tends to have the worst luck, though. After we lock the doors at night but while we're still cleaning/counting cash etc. we like to stay on headset to talk across the store and whatnot. When we hear the ding that someone is at the drive thru speaker we usually answer "Sorry we closed at 10" (we don't actually lock the doors until 10:10, but our posted hours say 10). People usually say thanks and drive off.

Or at least drive off.

The other night at around 10:20 we had already shut down all the espresso bars and were almost done with cleaning all the drip coffee urns. I was in the process of counting the last round of tills when the headset dings.

R: Sorry guys, we closed at 10.
                        SC: Yeah, I'd like a venti pikes black with sugar...
                        R: *little bit louder now, enunciating* Sorry. We're closed.
                        SC: And a tall white mocha and...
                        R: Sir. We closed 20 minutes ago.
                        SC: I've got my own cups.
                        R: Listen buddy all our registers are closed so I can't sell you anything. On top of that, all our coffee has been dumped and the equipment is being cleaned. So I don't even have anything to give away.
                        SC: ... but I have my own cups.
                        R: And we closed half an hour ago.
                        *SC grumbles something to his passenger but eventually drives off*
                        Flood

Comment

This, of course, is from the call center and not a drive-thru...but I hate when people want to place an order and won't wait for me to ask questions so I can get the info I need in the order in which I need it. Either they tell me everything they want up front or it goes something like this:

BTDT: ...and can I please have your billing zip or postal code? (Needed for first order entry screen)
                          SC: 123 Main Street, Stupidtown...

So then I have to scramble to my scratch pad to get the rest of the address so I don't have to ask for it again later. And then of course there are the ones that then say "well actually that's where it's going to ship to, let me give you my billing address..."
                          "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Quoth Flood View Post
                            SC: ... but I have my own cups.
                            They can drink the white liquid...
                            Last edited by dalesys; 09-18-2011, 09:10 PM.
                            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth EmilyRose1982 View Post
                              I had ANOTHER one tonight!

This time, after she repeated her drink in a slow, "you're such a dumbass" tone, I responded, just as slowly, with: "I GOT that. What. Size???"

I hate people. I hate people. I hate people. I hate people. I hate people. I hate people. I hate people. I hate people. I hate people. I hate people. I hate people. I hate people. I hate people. I hate people. I hate people. I hate people. I hate people. I hate people............................................ ....etc.
                              "And that'll be in an industrial-sized bucket, right, you idiot??"

Yeah, I'd do really well on this job ...

Comment

Working...
                              X