This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SC duel!

I have no freaking idea what happened here. Let me paint the scene. I went to eat my leftovers from dinner earlier today. I'm sitting at a table quietly enjoying myself when the Loach approaches.

Loach starts talking to me about who knows what. I finish my dinner and hobble back to the desk. Loach follows me back acting all offended.

Loach: Why'd you leave?
    Me: I have to get back to the desk. I'm not exactly in a condition to rush to the phone if it starts ringing.
    Loach: Blah blah blah
    Me: *Smiles and nods politely*
    Loach: *Hands me some card* Take this
    Me: No thanks

He kept pushing the card on me when SC comes in. Loach is still talking about who knows what.

SC: I'll wait until he's finished.
    Me: He won't be finished.
    SC: Do you know him or something?
    Me: No

SC gets in Loach's face about bothering me. Loach cowers in fear and heads to his room.
    SC: How much for a room?
    Me: Normally $79.99 but that was awesome! $69.99

We go through all the info and when it's time to collect ID and payment, he hands me cash.

Me: With cash, I've gotta have a $100 desposit.
    SC: Fuck this shit! No hotel has ever made me do this?
    Me: That's just our policy here.
    SC: Well that's fucked up!

SC leaves. And now both the SC and Loach are gone. And I was just about to get a friend to call so I could pretend to have to take a call.

Edit:
    Loach came back and started back where he left off. At this point I had to just be a jerk and say "I'm sorry I'm not interested and we're done discussing this." He left and it's been 50 min so hopefully it stays peaceful.
    Last edited by Mr Hero; 09-17-2011, 08:53 AM.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

The cash deposit makes good sense actually. Since you can't exactly charge him when there's no credit card. Man, nice one minute an ass the next. You need a taser. Have a good night.

Comment

"The Loach"? Is that a derivative of his real name?

As for the SC, I'm guessing he got PO'd because hey, he's paying cash so it's not like he can skip out, right? He wasn't thinking in terms of post-visit cleanup, damages and so on. When I used to go visit an elderly relative I stayed in nearby hotels/motels and used my debit card and they often asked for my credit card as well. Puzzled me for a while.

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
        No. This comes from an older GK post where he describes this type of person. They try to start conversations with anyone, and if someone shows even the slightest bit of interest, they don't let go.
        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

You don't have to have a friend call you to get away from loaches. At the Service Inn, I programmed the front desk to #1 on my cell phone speed dial, so I could surreptitiously reach into my pocket and make the phone ring! Great conversation ender.
          "Them boys ain't zombies! They're just stupid!"

Comment

I get people like this on the phone. I'd say leech (isn't there a fish called a loach?)...you know, those little blood suckers....
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

The Loach was defined by Gravekeeper in an earlier post. However, he did use it even earlier without defining it.
              Last edited by Ironclad Alibi; 09-18-2011, 07:08 PM. Reason: Correction.
              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Thanks IA. I was too lazy to site my sources.

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                  The Loach was defined by Gravekeeper in an earlier post. However, he did use it even earlier without defining it.
                  Thanks, IA. Wow, that sounds like the woman who plonked herself down next to me on the bus last week. She seemed to know me from somewhere and I am horrible with faces/names of people I've only met once or twice, so it's possible.
                  Conversation started out bland but OK ... then she decides to start confiding in me about her menopausal issues ...
                  JEEZUS PLEEZUS lady!! Talk to your doctor, OK?? I'm a middle-aged woman myself and I didn't want to hear about it. I'm betting the poor twenty-something kid in the seat behind us got off the bus and headed straight for the nearest monastery.

Comment

Thanks, IA. Wow, that sounds like the woman who plonked herself down next to me on the bus last week. She seemed to know me from somewhere and I am horrible with faces/names of people I've only met once or twice, so it's possible.
                    Conversation started out bland but OK ... then she decides to start confiding in me about her menopausal issues ...
                    JEEZUS PLEEZUS lady!! Talk to your doctor, OK?? I'm a middle-aged woman myself and I didn't want to hear about it. I'm betting the poor twenty-something kid in the seat behind us got off the bus and headed straight for the nearest monastery.
                    Sort of reminds me of when I went to go see Deathly Hallows Pt 2. Due to the crowded theater, I ended up sitting down near the front of the stadium-seating theater. Then some guy and his family sit down in the seats beside me. And then Family Man looks at me.

(Note, at no point do I even make eye-contact. I was trying to exude a "not interested in talking to you aura," and apparently failing.)

FM: "I know you from somewhere."
                    J2K: "..."
                    FM: "Didn't you used to work at <wholesale club>?"
                    J2K: "...yeah."
                    FM: "Don't see you around there much anymore."
                    J2K: "...don't work there anymore."
                    FM: "Yeah? Where you working?"
                    J2K: "<current employer>"
                    FM: "You workin' for them?"
                    J2K: "IT service desk work, yeah."
                    FM: "For the whole company?"
                    J2K: "No, it's a government contract."
                    FM: "A government contract, really?"

And then Family Man rambles on for several minutes about how it's good to be working for the government, because blah blah blah, but I didn't pay attention to him, and kept deflecting his questions when he asked who The Client was, until finally (thank god) the previews started, at which point he stopped bothering me.

Until a third of the way in when Family Man passed out and started snoring. Not loudly, but noticeably. His family woke him up, but I took the opportunity to "go to the bathroom", then seated myself somewhere else when I came back.
                    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Wow. Yet another reason to stay out of theatres.
                      Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
                      X