Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've lived in two different complexes in two different states with communal laundry rooms.
    The complex in Tennessee I'd hang out while doing laundry. And I'd keep myself occupied with a book or a movie on a portable DVD player. Of course I'd normally just take my laundry to my parents house.
    The complex in Baltimore was annoying. Instead of a bunch of washers and dryers like in a laundromat they had 2-4 washers and dryers in one building and that would be communal for 3 buildings. I sometimes had to walk down a ways to use my laundry.
    I'm just glad the house I'm renting a room in now has a washer and dryer (my clothes are currently drying ).
    Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
    Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post

Even though I went when it was not crowded, I picked the appropriately sized machines and didn't personally have any encounters, but watched to "people" get into a screaming match over a empty washer near the front window, with plenty of available machines.

They were finally asked to leave when the started throwing laundry art each other.
      I saw a woman nearly tackle a guy because he stole "her" laundry cart (read: one of the laundromat's many carts that just happened to be parked in front of the dryer she was using). Obviously, he should have known it was in use because she'd left her plastic bag in it! The attendant had to threaten to call the cops before she'd back down.

The whole time, she was standing directly next to a row of no less than 3 unused laundry carts.

Comment

The washers in my area seem to suck. They don't get my clothes clean... I take everything to my parents, but at this new place, it seems they (finally) have a different model, so I'll try it out.
        Dorms: communal, coin operated
        1st apartment: awesome! good, ensuite washer and dryer! Bonza~
        2nd aparmtent: washers o'suck that were in dorms...????
        current apartment: different model. beh.
        the two or three laundromats I could arse myself to go to were far enough away that it felt like it was the same to drag it to my parents' place.
        "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
        "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

I live in NJ, where W/D in apts, esp the older ones, are few and far between. They are in some of the newer so-called "luxery" complexes, but I'm not paying 50% more just for that...y first 2 apts were in houses, so I had to go to the laundromat. I used to be a morning person, so my routine was I'd get up Sunday morning, and get there by 7, when they opened. And it was empty, except for a few other early birds!

In my first apt, I was 5 minutes from my parents, so I’d sometimes go there if I was going to be there for dinner and do a load or two, and in my second, there was a Starbucks right across the street, so I’d put my stuff in, pop over for some caffeine, and come back and finish up. That one was nice after they renovated it; clean, new machines, etc.

Now I’m in a complex with a laundry room; one for every 6 buildings. I avoid weekends like the plague as they are the busiest time…although sometimes late in the day on a Sat or Sun its ok. I generally do mine right after work, I have it waiting in my LR, so I go in, grab my stuff, and put it in. I’m close enough I go back up and come down before its done as I hate anyone touching my stuff – but I can get it all done in an hour and a half, which is nice. But I’d still like my own W/D….

Comment

Working...
          X