This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Female Anatomy Lesson (some TMI!)

Two girls, sisters, were arguing loudly in the laundromat the other night. Thank goodness no other customers were there!

Girl: Ugh, for the LAST TIME! It's not called a "bean"!
    Sister: Yes it is! That's what it's called!
    G: It's a CLITORIS!
    S: Well what difference does it make?! Everyone calls it a bean, that's what it's called!
    G: So if you went to a doctor, and he called it a "bean", you'd take him seriously?
    S: Yeah, Whatever!
    G: I would walk the fuck out! That doctor doesn't know shit, it's called a CLIT, and if he doesn't even know that then what the fuck's he doing being a doctor?
    S: What, you think I'm stupid? That I don't know anything about vaginas? What do YOU know?
    G: HELLO!? I'm GAY! A LESBIAN! I KNOW ABOUT VAGINAS.

Then, they started arguing about what the various labia were called.

Their brother was with them. So was their mother.

The girl who called it a bean looked about 15 and VERY pregnant.
    "There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't."

Oh-kaayyy...a wee bit TMI...time for a round of
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I have never, ever heard the clitorus referred to as a "bean."
      Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

I better tell my mom I now have a "Bean"...lol.

Comment

Why does it not surprise me that the girl who apparently doesn't know anything about the female anatomy is pregnant?

Also, the laundromat is not the best place to argue the finer points of anyone's anatomy, much less the female anatomy.

Comment

I had a patient (female) once who called it "the little man in the boat". Another (male) called it "the pearl in the clam".
            Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints...
            TASTE THE LIME JELLO OF DEFEAT! -Gravekeeper

Comment

*giggles madly* Wow. My brain can't wrap itself around that.
              Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
              Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

God, just when I think I've heard everything....

I don't know which is worse....bean or the pearl in the clam. I mean, excuse me, CLAM??!!
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I've heard it called a 'bean', as in 'flicking the bean', but those who said that also knew it was slang.
                  The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

Just... just... I don't even know what to say.

Comment

<sighs>

Clitoris.
                      Vulva.
                      Labia majora.
                      Labia minora.
                      Mons venus.
                      Vaginal vestibule.
                      etc, etc, etc.

No beans involved. Or peas, or little men.
                      Seshat's self-help guide:
                      1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                      2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                      3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                      4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

@ Seshat: sounds like you've had to make this lecture before.

Comment

<giggles>

Who, me?

Ignorance story - I think I may have told this once before.

When my mother was in hospital, in early labour with me, she shared a room with another early-labour mother. The other woman was terrified, and asked Mum where the baby came out. Like, did it come out your mouth, or what?

Mum hit the nurse call button, the Matron (this was late 1960s, they were still called Matrons then) spent quite a bit of time in with the other woman.

And my mother became a serious advocate of sex education in schools. I knew the basics of the anatomical differences between boys and girls from a very young age, could explain the menstrual cycle (roughly, anyway) before I started, and understood the biological consequences of pregnancy before my hips were broad enough to carry a child.

Of course, Mum's program of sex ed missed one key piece of information. I didn't learn that sex is fun until much later.
                          Seshat's self-help guide:
                          1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                          2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                          3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                          4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Lol. My mom's a nurse and my dad's a former Green Beret medic. I knew about sex early as well. Early enough that I don't ever remember getting an actual 'sex talk'.

Comment

*nods* I remember a friend of mine telling me that when her mother was pregnant with her, right up until she was in labour she had no idea how the baby was going to be born. Apparently she asked the midwife 'How does the baby get out?' and was told 'The same way it got in, my dear!' and when the penny dropped she was all

I never got sat down for a 'sex talk' either. My mum took the view that as and when I asked the questions, she would give me the answers honestly. I knew what was what before I left primary school.
                              Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Working...
                              X