Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had to reboot my brain there several times. I KNEW what the general anatomy of the male/female body was well before I got into middle school. Even then the sex ed. course wasn't all that great but it still taught us the basics.

Though I do remember one girl not going through the course, as it was opitional and us students had a form to take home about it [ those that didn't go through this course had other work to do to make up for it ]. I think from what I can remember, her parents thought that was a course that was highly inapropriate for us kids.
    Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

No beans involved. Or peas, or little men.
      I disagree. Sometimes little men ARE involved.

**stare**
      My dollhouse blog.

Blog about life

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
        I dunno... men have wanted all sorts of aspects, in my experience. Including some parts that are nowhere near the crotch.
        I had assumed that this (Do I have to say NSFW here?) was enough of an argument to prove my case.

Comment

Quoth Moirae View Post
          I don't understand why this is such a hard concept to deal with for some people.
          Because they reach puberty/teenage years, and they get the common teenage Senses of Invulnerability and Inculpability (screw you spell-check, that is a word, I just coined it) and just assume that nothing bad will ever happen to them, and damn any statistics or evidence otherwise, because they're Speshul, and if anything does go wrong, it's always Someone Else's Fault.

"I'll never be in a car accident, that always happens to stupid people, and I'm not stupid, Q.E.D." then becomes "I was in a car accident, but it was totally the fault of the other driver for not stopping when I ran that red light."

"I'll never get pregnant, that always happens to sluts and skanks, and I'm not a slut or a skank, so." then becomes "That asshole got me pregnant, he should have known I wasn't on the pill and been more careful and worn a condom!"

And so on and so on.
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

It's possible, that the more informed girl was sick of the uninformed girl's ignorance, willful or otherwise, and it all boiled to a head in public.

Sometimes public humiliation works wonders
            Shamus: Why hasn't anybody designs a cranium-anus extraction kit yet? It seems that so many people suffer from a improperly-stored head.

Comment

Quoth Nayeli_Sabia View Post
              It's possible, that the more informed girl was sick of the uninformed girl's ignorance, willful or otherwise, and it all boiled to a head in public.

Sometimes public humiliation works wonders
              I think this is true, from her tone of pure exasperation. The more informed girl was also older (in college, because I earlier heard her mention her "dorm laundry" to her mom).

I forgot to mention the best part. After arguing for a while, the older one says that they should keep their voices down because "that girl (me) can hear us". Her sister said nu-uh, she's listening to her iPod. (I have my iPod on when I start closing up, but always turn it off if customers walk in. But I still had the earbuds in and was up at the desk working on the deposit.)

They debated whether or not I was listening, and they both stared my way. Suppressing giggles, I said out loud and clear, "I can totally hear you."

They cracked up. But unfortunately, that didn't actually stop the argument from continuing. They picked up the Great Bean and Vulva Debate soon after.
              "There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't."

Comment

All I can remember from sex education was having to watch a video in which varrious comedians/celebrities from the late 80s and early 90s talked about safe sex and being told not to laugh.

Yeah, I only got to watch a couple of minutes of it before laughing at Sinbad dressed as a condom and getting sent to the Principal's office. (Time Out: The Truth About HIV, AIDS, and You- 1992 and yes, it is on Youtube. Urkel raps in it too.)

Comment

Quoth Laund-o-rama Mama View Post
                  They picked up the Great Bean and Vulva Debate soon after.
                  This is a story to save for your grandchildren. "Hey kids, did I ever tell you about the Great Bean and Vulva war of 2011?"
                  Women can do anything men can.
                  But we don't because lots of it's disgusting.
                  Maxine

Comment

Sounds like sum mo' po' white trash.
                    I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

I'm surprised no one here has called it The Scroll Button yet??

(cookies for reference)

I never got "the talk" when I was young. When I was 12 my mum left a packet of maxipads on my bed and a book entitled "so you're becoming a woman". I figured the rest out myself
                      "When did you get a gold plated toilet?"
                      "We don't have a gold plated toilet"
                      "Oh dear, I think I just peed in your Tuba"

-Jasper Fforde

Comment

gives a strange meaning to this image...(which is also Erikai's avi)
                        Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Quoth Sparky View Post
                          This is a story to save for your grandchildren. "Hey kids, did I ever tell you about the Great Bean and Vulva war of 2011?"
                          I was thinking more along the lines of an animated film:
                          "It's the Great Bean and Vulva, Charlie Brown!"
                          Gynecological Advice, 5ยข
                          P*S

Comment

Quoth raw456 View Post
                            I'm surprised no one here has called it The Scroll Button yet??

(cookies for reference)
                            Scroll Button! As explained by Jennie Breeden

I can has cookies please?
                            Shamus: Why hasn't anybody designs a cranium-anus extraction kit yet? It seems that so many people suffer from a improperly-stored head.

Comment

...I had an older woman (probably mid 40s) in my college psychology course who didn't understand why mixing semen from two men didn't result in them BOTH being the child's father.

The room got dead quiet after that question, I tell you what.

Comment

Bean. I had baked beans for dinner so I guess I had an orgy of clitorises.

A bean. I guess that makes some sense. Think of the sizes, Butter or Broadbean or even Pea!, peas are beans right?. Oh great now I'm overthinking this.

*Looks down* No I will not. but I really want to dammit

Never got the 'Talk' from my folks but we had various anatomy and biology books floating around so I picked up fairly early on what was what and promptly shared it at my Catholic primary school. Fun note and call home that was.
                                Last edited by Zaiida; 09-22-2011, 03:07 PM. Reason: Spelling and whatnot

Comment

Working...
                                X