This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It took everything to not ask if I was a hostage

On a recent PC deployment I felt I was held hostage literally for 2hrs longer than what I should been thanks to a mismanager refusing to sign off on one set of paperwork that had nothing to do with saying the job was 100% complete.... just that it part1 was complete and the guy coming for part 2 could step up but he wanted us to do B instead of A which A is the plan the standard etc etc. Nope, had to hold my whole team up on his dime doing next to nothing for that two hours waiting for higher ups to make a call. Actually I figure I got a bonus 4-5hours because of the subversion on unneeded calls to my higher ups to figure out who could piss farther into a kiddy pool throughout the night. All because one guy in the past messed something up.

It is actually funny because he feels he won the final match, I don't think he realized the prize is being forced to jump into the kiddy pool afterwards and there were a lot of people at the pissing party.

I really found out how much I love the people who you want to take around the location showing the upgrades and they ask "where do I sign, I don't want to walk" not this I need to make sure EVERY piece of software works on every computer and while standing on one foot too, even the stuff that has never worked in the past couple months and is out of the scope of upgrades, because our job is to have it in similar or better condition.
    I'm sorry reading is not a new concept it has been widely taught in our nation for at least the past 100 years. Please, learn to do it CORRECTLY before you become contagious.

All this "manager" managed to do is convince his superiors he can't make a simple decision.
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Actually, he did prove he is persistent and that he got his way. However, due to the fact it was outside of my scope I did not have ability to check network strength.... just that one existed. When the one loading process takes 30 seconds MAX on a normal day for this network drop was 30+min... imagine what the process that takes 3hrs to do on a good day is gonna be doing when 30seconds becomes 30minutes. so 30*60 = 1800seconds. Which gives you 3hrs * 60 = 180hours??? I will split the difference, twice, and call it 45hours maybe instead of 3.

Or are you alluding to the simple decision is LISTEN to the helpdesk when they say this is how it SHOULD BE instead of arguing. Since we had several techs calling in to keep getting status updates I think that is the only reason they changed our scope and gave a go-ahead and that is just because people had plans and wanted to go home and after 3 hours your figuring WELL at this point if we just went ahead and did what manager wants we could probably have been home instead of waiting for permission and then starting it. At which point everyone is in for the day and business picks up which means the network will be getting even slower.
      I'm sorry reading is not a new concept it has been widely taught in our nation for at least the past 100 years. Please, learn to do it CORRECTLY before you become contagious.

Comment

Working...
      X