X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Pagan View Post
    *cookies**
    If a certain pony doesn't bogart them all first!
    Sh Sh Sh! Don't say his name! He can only appear if you say his name three times...
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Welcome to CS, booMooDar...I'm terribly sorry to hear of the loss of your precious children. I am a bereaved parent myself. I'm glad that you have a job and I hope that most of the time it's less sucky than what you just shared with us. You deserve to have some peace in your life. I hope to see you around more
      "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Ahhhh, you guys are awesome. But then I knew that! Like I said, I've been reading these boards for years. Thanks for all the hugs and sympathy. I'm sorry to hear that some of the rest of you understand the pain of losing a child. It's the worst pain I have ever felt, and I wouldn't wish it upon my worst enemy. Not that I have any.

As for JoAnne, yeah... they really are being far kinder to her than she thinks they are. She is seriously unhealthy. Most of the time she won't let housekeeping into her room, which is why GM and FD manager went in there the other day and took care of things. Most of the time it's pretty quiet, as we are but a small town. We're very close to awesome recreation though, so that's the majority of our customers at the big side of the motel.

She came in tonight, and I had been flipping the TV in the lobby as I cleaned up out there. She sat there for almost an hour because the channel I left it on happens to be one that she doesn't get in her room. She started to try to talk to me with all her nonsense. She is really quite PO'd that they "took her stuff away." I feel bad for her, but really, she is just so NASTY that it's hard to feel TOO sorry for her.

Nothing really sucky tonight. I actually had a couple of our more awesome guests come in. One to pay his storage fees, and one that just likes to come in and chat with me for a few. They are such sweet gents.

Anyway, thanks for the warm welcome! It's beer thirty and whiskey o'clock! On me!

Comment

Quoth booMooDar View Post
          I don't understand why, either. I'm a naturally cheerful person, especially at work, so I tend to be pleasant and listen when a guest needs to rant about something.
          Aaaand that's why. You listen involuntarily, and don't want to give offense by telling the crazies to bug off... I recognise the symptoms because I do it myself If you can find the strength to let her know that you have something else that really requires your attention even if that's not true then hopefully it'll help reduce the amount of time she spends bugging you.
          This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
          I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
            Aaaand that's why. You listen involuntarily, and don't want to give offense by telling the crazies to bug off... I recognise the symptoms because I do it myself If you can find the strength to let her know that you have something else that really requires your attention even if that's not true then hopefully it'll help reduce the amount of time she spends bugging you.
            Yep. You're totally right. *Le sigh.

I got her to leave me alone for a bit tonight anyway. She was ranting about her things and her nutritional situation, and I just said as I walked off back to the desk, "It's not my place, JoAnne." She said, "I know booMooDar." Then I bent over and busied myself organizing the lost and found. She shuffled around the lobby for a bit, and then finally went back to her room.

Comment

Quoth booMooDar View Post
              Yep. You're totally right. *Le sigh.

I got her to leave me alone for a bit tonight anyway. She was ranting about her things and her nutritional situation, and I just said as I walked off back to the desk, "It's not my place, JoAnne." She said, "I know booMooDar." Then I bent over and busied myself organizing the lost and found. She shuffled around the lobby for a bit, and then finally went back to her room.

You could always try the cell phone trick... program the motel's number in your cell phone and discretely hit the quick dial so the motel phone rings. Then say you have to get the call and pretend to be on the phone until she goes away.

Works for me.

Comment

Quoth An Haddock View Post
                You could always try the cell phone trick... program the motel's number in your cell phone and discretely hit the quick dial so the motel phone rings. Then say you have to get the call and pretend to be on the phone until she goes away.

Works for me.

Ha! I like that one. She's tenacious though. I'd probably have to fake a 1o minute conversation to get her to go away. LOL

Comment

My deepest sympathies for your loss. Welcome.

Watch out for "JoAnne." It's easy to feel sorry for her but some people with problems like that will suck all the energy out of you. They pull you into their depression and discontent.
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Condolences on your two children, I too work front desk in a hotel. It is a large chain. We too do weekly rates and I had a similar experience with a guest who'd been staying for about six months. She was bats*it insane and thought I was her only "friend" and "ally" and she would talk to me for two hours and then as soon as she got back to her room she would call and try and tie me up even longer it was the worst.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                      Watch out for "JoAnne." It's easy to feel sorry for her but some people with problems like that will suck all the energy out of you. They pull you into their depression and discontent.
                      Agreed. Psychic vampires, toxic people, whatever you want to call them, she is one, and they can screw you over.

Welcome back to CS. My sympathies about your children.
                      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                      My LiveJournal
                      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Thank you. I finally lost it on her the other night and ordered her out of my lobby. She was mad, but came right back the next day to "chat" with me. Le Sigh*
                        Then, tonight I got to watch one of our other regulars feel her up in the lobby... *SHUDDER*

Comment

Working...
                        X