Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why isn't there more money on my card?

a while ago i was cashiering at about closing and this group of prepubescent kids walks up to my lane. four of these kids remind of the saying, "the bigger the 'o' the bigger the ho." anyway, they give me a couple bags of chips and some pop, so i ring it up.

when it comes time to pay, one of the girls whips out her EBT card and runs it through. afterward, it says there's about $1.50 that she still needs to pay.

me: "your card paid for $4, and your remaining balance is $1.50."
    sc: "what the hell are you talking about?"
    me: "you still owe $1.50."
    sc: "no i don't."
    me: "yes. you do."
    sc: "why isn't there more money on my card"?
    me: "because there isn't? you spent it all?"
    sc: "well, i want there to be more money on there."
    me: "gee, i'm sorry, but i can't do anything about that. AND, you still owe $1.50."

at this point, my supervisor has watched this girl's tirade. the sc digs a dollar out of her purse and scrounges up some change. she's still like, 7 cents short. this O-so-kind lady behind her hands me a dime to pay for it. the stupid girl doesn't even say THANK YOU. she even takes the 3 cents of change.

and the grand finale.

sc goes through her purse, whips out some more bills... a couple fives and a crapload of ones. what does she say next?

sc: "i want some change for this one."

SHE HAD THE NERVE TO BORROW MONEY FROM SOME LADY SHE NEVER MET WHEN SHE HAD PLENTY OF CASH SITTING IN THE BOTTOM OF HER DAMN BAG. MY GOD. who cares if it was a dime? she didn't want to break A DOLLAR BILL. that's bull if i've ever seen it, and i still can't believe it happened!

There needs to be a law on the books that allows us to take the cards away from people who abuse the system, shred them, and then shove the jagged-edged bits through parts of the body that really wouldn't appriciate having jagged bits of plastic shoved through.
    I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

She sounds classy.

Comment

I don't have any experience cashiering in grocery, but just out of curiosity, why does a "prepubescent kid" have an EBT? I would think those things are only supposed to be used by adults.

Comment

If I were in the mood in that position, I'd give her $4 in ones and a bunch of change, minus 10 cents (to give to the lady who gave it to her in the first place).

People like that (the SC) are reasons why I'm liking my dog more and more.

Comment

Quoth JustAGirl
            If I were in the mood in that position, I'd give her $4 in ones and a bunch of change, minus 10 cents (to give to the lady who gave it to her in the first place).

People like that (the SC) are reasons why I'm liking my dog more and more.
            490 pennies... (minus a dime to give back to the nice woman).

but then, I'd be too lazy to dole out that many pennies...
            HI, I'M NEW TO ALL OF THIS wave of approval ™©®

Comment

Quoth we'vegotawinner
              four of these kids remind of the saying, "the bigger the 'o' the bigger the ho."
              What does that mean, then?
              A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
              - Dave Barry

Comment

Quoth Liannah
                why does a "prepubescent kid" have an EBT?
                Well, the government decided that using the EBT card for just food was dumb. So they added the ability to have "disability" or $ help to the EBT card so you don't have to bother with a bank. So not all EBT card action are for only food. While I was fighting for my disability claim (almost 3 years) I had a EBT card, when I finally got it they wanted to put it on the EBT card. Hell no I wanted to burn that damn thing.
                I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

Quoth we'vegotawinner
                  sc: "well, i want there to be more money on there."
                  I want a trip to Ireland.
                  The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Comment

*is with pj* ireland and other parts of the uk and europe, but it won't happen. sorry, the magic 'ebt loading fairy' is taking a holiday; looks like you're SOL, kid.
                    look! it's ghengis khan!
                    Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth Liannah
                      I don't have any experience cashiering in grocery, but just out of curiosity, why does a "prepubescent kid" have an EBT? I would think those things are only supposed to be used by adults.
                      She could be using her parent's card. Anyone who knows the PIN can use one.
                      Mon aéroglisseur est plein des anguilles!"

Comment

Some people have absolutely NO shame.

May I tag along on the trip to Ireland and the rest of Europe? I don't eat much, and all I need to sleep is a pillow and a sheet.
                        Unseen but seeing
                        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                        3rd shift needs love, too
                        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                        X