This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wherein I'm rude

The other night I got sent back to my original JJ's store, the Northport store.. It's less busy, on a Friday night there will be one inshop and 3 drivers (Compared to 10 inshop and 20 drivers at my current Campus store).

So at the current time, it was me and the inshop manager, and the phones started to ring. I answer the first one, ask em to hold and I answer the other 3 ringing phones and ask them to hold before I go back to the first phone.

Me: Sorry, you had to hold, what can I do for ya?
    SC: I wanna place a delivery order

(No address popped up under the phone number)

Me: Alright, can I get you address please?
    SC: (yelling to friends in background) Hey! what is the address here!

No one knows the address

SC: Ummm, ok, I want a Turkey Tom (Yells to rest of the house) Hey! what do you guys want?
    Me: I need your address first (Computer won't let me put in order till I get the address)
    SC: hold on (Yells again for the address)

I wait a couple of minutes

SC: Hold on, let me go find who knows it.
    Me: I aplologize, but we are very busy right now, why don't you find out the address and take down what everyone is going to get and then give me a call back?
    SC: You're rude!
    Me: *click*

This happens more often than you think.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/?m=20080203

My destiny is not pretty, but it's what my cutie mark is telling me.

Quoth HappyFun Ball View Post
    SC: (yelling to friends in background) Hey! what is the address here?
    Directly above the center of the earth.
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Rude is yelling to the background while you're on the phone.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
        Amen, sister. Amen.

Comment

I always wonder about this, if you are ordering for delivery why do you not have things like addresses ready? Common sense fail.
          My Crafting Profile http://www.craftster.org/forum/index...ofile;u=139859

Comment

Rude is wasting other people's time because you can't get your shit together before picking up the phone.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I still don't understand how you can NOT know the address of the house you're inside of. Or how no one else in there with you knows what it is. What did they do, just pick a house at random and break in?
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                Directly above the center of the earth.
                I am directly under the earth's sun.... now!
                Sometimes life is altered.
                Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                Uneasy with confrontation.
                Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

It's possible I guess that they were at work or in another location for some reason and they didn't know the exact address, but this whole thing is nonetheless a headscratcher. Pot calling the kettle black right there.

Comment

It gets even better. Do you realize how many people wait until the driver gets there before starting to get the payment together or, better yet, going couch diving for coins? >_<
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

wow, if you were rude to him, he'd hate to come to MY store. LOL

Comment

I've been hung up on far faster than that, and that's purely from not paying attention when they switched the phone to me; if he's too dumb to have people's orders and the address in front of him before calling then I think he got way more leeway than he deserved!
                        This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                        I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

welcome to my lovely world.

and yes it does happen more often than one would think.
                          I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                          -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Oh I (and my cw's in the kitchen) just LOVE this type of SC. They never have their order ready, and are yelling back and forth to the people that are in the room with them. If we could get away with saying what you did, trust me, we would. Now, the only info we need is your order, name and phone number, but even THAT is hard for some people. Then you ask what they want, and they go back n forth with the people in the background, debating over what costs what and what they want and don't want. Just have everything ready beforehand. Make it easier for everyone involved!
                            "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                              Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                              Rude is wasting other people's time because you can't get your shit together before picking up the phone.
                              Both QFT. Really, it's not difficult. Ask everyone what they want to order (write it down!), pool the money, find out the exact address of your location, THEN call in! It's hardly rocket science.
                              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                              My LiveJournal
                              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
                              X