This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth sirwired View Post
    Are the extensive notes in your customer records the norm for the call center industry?
    At ours, there are extensive notes on an order. Sometimes we will also note a customer profile if there's something we need to know about a customer that would apply to more than one order...though we'd have to note that on the order(s) in question, too, most likely. I'm not in the habit of looking at notes on customer profiles. They can't see any of those notes, but pretty much anyone who works for the client can, from the CSAs up to the CEOs.

Quoth Pixilated View Post
    I'm betting she either thought it was an idle threat or, more likely, didn't even pick up on it because she wasn't really paying attention anyway ...
    Yeah, good point. The other day I told a woman on the phone that all calls were recorded (which our opening phone prompt says clearly too) and she sounded surprised...
    "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

I'd have played the phone conversation while she was still on the line.

But I'm evil like that.
      I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Can't be Asian with a name like David?

I'd better tell Noble Savage/David Nakayama that he's in trouble if this bitch finds him.

Comment

I guess the SC have never watched Mythbusters either ie. Grant Imahara (sp???)
          I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
          -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

It's extremely possible for asians to have "anglo" names like David, especially those in countries that have accepted Christianity; adopting biblical names at baptism is traditional.
            This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
            I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Or my nephews/nieces Caesar, Jade, Malcolm, Lucile and SIL Darcy (4th gen ABC, first to marry a roundeye).
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

It used to be rather common for people of some nationalities who emigrated to the US to use "American" first names, too, if it helped them blend into society. My uncle married a Japanese woman he met during or shortly after World War II...and for the longest time I knew her as "Aunt Mary". However, her given name is *not* "Mary", and fortunately she no longer feels the need to use a fake name.
                "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Quoth Brojekk View Post
                  There must be some way to "fire" her as a customer.
                  There is. It involves a large cannon...and a target painted on a brick wall
                  Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

A couple folks who attended my high school (I think were both adopted) were, I believe, Chinese. Their names? Adam and Ashley. Not every person from a certain country or culture will have a name stemming from said place.

That lady was...quite special indeed. Yeah, I think most places do that whole "this call may be monitored for quality control" thing, so making shit up to get your own way is pretty much a recipe for failure. But it is fun to listen to people waffle and get pissed when you let them hear their own words. I'm surprised she didn't say that wasn't her on the phone and that David must have edited the recording to avoid punishment.

Comment

Working...
                    X