This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hair in Food so it's Free !!

I finally got away from the arches and now work at a place that rhymes with Slacker Carol as a prep cook so I no longer have to deal directly with sucky customers. We have to wear hair nets, beard guards, etc to keep hair from getting into the food. So last night a server brings up a salad I had just made with a piece of long black hair entangled in the fork, lettuce, and cheese ( Keep in mind I have a military style flattop haircut and the server in question is blond) . The manager not only gave the person another salad to go but comped the meal for the entire table. I'm not gonna come out and say thet the person planted their own hair to get free food but when management reacts the way they did they wonder where food cost goes.
    The arches of the Gates of Hell are golden and the Devil wears big red shoes.

Hehe...I once went to the Olive Garden with my family, and I ordered fettucine alfredo (heart attack on a plate - yum!). My mom ordered the same but with angel hair pasta. I found a piece of angel hair in my plate, so I joked "Hey there's a hair in my food!" My mom told the waitress next time she stopped by, and she freaked before she realized I was holding a piece of pasta on my fork. It was funny but I kinda felt bad. If we hadn't cleared things up I probably could have gotten free dinner! Damn that moral compass my parents instilled in me!
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth McSlave View Post
      I'm not gonna come out and say thet the person planted their own hair to get free food but when management reacts the way they did they wonder where food cost goes.

Oh lordy, I feel for you! I slaved away at #115 for 5 years before I was able to escape. I once had a lady cuss me out in front of the entire Sunday afternoon crowd. Her reason? We didn't have ribs. Not that we were out. We just did not have them on the menu and she had driven 45 minutes to get there and then had to wait another hour to get in. She raised such a fuss that the managers comped her entire table's meal, plus gave her a gold card for another future visit! And I got reamed out for it!
      Last edited by Barefootgirl; 02-19-2007, 09:34 PM. Reason: No need to quote entire original post
      Men have two emotions: Hungry and Horny. If you see him without an erection, make him a sandwich.

Comment

Did this customer have the same hair color as the one found in his or her food?

Comment

When I was at college, one of the ladies who worked in our kitchens had FLAMING orange curly hair (and a flaming Irish temper to go with it, I might add). She was the best pastry chef our college had ever had, but she was a bit slapdash when it came to other things.

One day we were sitting at lunch, gloomily eating our ersatz curry, when one of the chaps choked a bit, reached onto his plate and pulled a long, long, orange hair out of his curry ! It was obvious whose it was, and we teased the fnder that he should take it back into the kitchen and ask Bridget if she wanted it back, but none of us were brave enough.
          A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
          - Dave Barry

Comment

For some reason even though I have hair that has a tendency to get caught in my belt and a bushy beard, I've never had a complaint about hair in my cookery.
            You're not doing me a favor by eating here. I'm doing you a favor by feeding you.

Comment

At the pizza place, my hair was always either blue, green or purple, so any hair that ended up in food was never going to be mine as it was always normal coloured. Everyone with long hair tied theirs back and we all wore hats so anyone who made a fuss about hair in pizza was always treated with suspicion, especially if they were nasty about it and/or had complained before. It's always funny how people always assume we rely on memory when it comes to customers; we used to make little notes on their computer files so whenever they rang up, we'd know instantly whether they were a scammer, for example, and what type of scammer.
              People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
              My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth McSlave View Post
                I finally got away from the arches
                Was it an easy break for you?
                I had to move out of Missouri, all the way to Texas, to get out.
                "I call murder on that!"

Comment

"I don't mean to be a bitch, but there's a hair in my food"

I look, it's blonde, about 6" long. She has shoulder-length blonde hair. I have brown hair, everyone else working here has either brown or black hair that day.

Whatever, I get paid the same either way, so I give her a new salad and a free Oreo cake
                  I've been here for two years, work harder than most others, and I'm getting paid $1.80 an hour
                  less than the 17 year old slacker you hired two months ago. Maybe that's why I'm not chipper at work.

Comment

Quoth Barefootgirl View Post
                    One day we were sitting at lunch, gloomily eating our ersatz curry, when one of the chaps choked a bit, reached onto his plate and pulled a long, long, orange hair out of his curry !
                    Good job it wasn't short.

Rapscallion

Comment

Vagina Mongolian?
                      ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

I must admit I was surprised recently to see on the menu of a local restaurant that it sells Lamahcun....

Honestly, there is such a dish, and it sound quite tasty. But only when you research what it actually is.

Comment

Assuming you're thinking of the food I think you are, I've always known them as Lamejuns, but according to an Armenian bakery we frequent in VA, that's not the right name either. I forget what he called them.
                          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth greensinestro View Post
                            Did this customer have the same hair color as the one found in his or her food?
                            Yep....brunette at least. And to beat it all I found out the next night that the entire table walked out on their bill.

Quoth Juwl View Post
                            Was it an easy break for you?
                            I had to move out of Missouri, all the way to Texas, to get out.
                            Oh heck yeah. The pay alone made it easy and the fact that where I am now has no Drive-Thru was the clincher.
                            Last edited by MadMike; 02-21-2007, 08:27 PM. Reason: Merge
                            The arches of the Gates of Hell are golden and the Devil wears big red shoes.

Comment

Working...
                            X