X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• holiday weekend *sigh*

Here are some pointers for my brightest customers:

1. Yes, the slushee machine IS broken. That would be why we have "out of order" signs on every single handle and one on each register. Asking the question is tantamount to calling me a liar. However, I must admit that because of the messes you create, I'd like to keep the signs up forever.

2. The signs are on the slushee machine for a reason. There's no reason for you to pull the handles and waste my syrup. I just cleaned those drains. I don't care if you are 15; you should not be allowed in public with no supervision.

3. For the love of all that is holy, please stop jumping in over other customers! It's clearly obvious I am serving someone else, and jumping in with a "can I just get" is rude. I don't care how small your order is, so stop trying to justify your rudeness with that little phrase.

4. That also goes for those of you who do this from the other counter. It's bad enough people do it at the register, but you're 5 feet away and there is a line.

5. I realize there are two registers and one of me. But I am standing in front of this one. I have your order sitting at this one. I am ringing your order in this one. Do not look at me and put your money down over there. common sense, people

Add all that to the stress of trying to get done on time, working alone. I really didn't want to get written up for getting out one minute late.

Ok, I feel better.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Quoth Food Lady View Post
    5. I realize there are two registers and one of me. But I am standing in front of this one. I have your order sitting at this one. I am ringing your order in this one. Do not look at me and put your money down over there. common sense, people
    Oh my god I HATE that!!!!!! It's not so bad if you are just on the other side and the register next to me is not in use; that is just slightly annoying. But when you try to swipe your card on that side and then look at me like I'm the idiot when it doesn't work and I tell you to step over to the one attached to MY register...!!!! And when you are standing 3 registers away and see me carry all of your things to a different section of the counter, MOVE YOUR ASS DOWN THERE!!!

OK, I feel better now, too. Thanks
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

The way our registers were set up at Chesterfield, there'd be counter space for the first computer, the first computer, and space for the second computer, followed by the second computer. More often than I can count, I'd be standing at the first register, and someone would come plop down their arm load of movies, right on the counter space for register 2, with a line of people building up at register 1. I'd pick up their stacks of movies, and place them in the computer 1 area, ring them out, and they'd still be standing at register 2!
      "Why don't I have you move over here? So my coworker can ring out customers on that register?"
      What was worse was when I'd be standing at register 2, and they'd set their pile down at register 1!
      "Not even close, care to take another shot at landing those movies?"
      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

This is also one of my pet peeves. Our kiosk is set up with 3 registers, a lottery machine and customer services. Because I'm almost always on back shift, it's usually just me there. I really cracks me up when I have a line of 7 or 8 people and someone goes and stands at one of the empty registers. Or if I move from the register to get someone their lottery ticket, some smart arse will run from the back of the queue and stand in front of the lottery machine. I always tell them that I am serving from register 77 and they need to get back in the queue......I will not serve them! And I love it even more if more people have joined the queue since they moved!

Comment

Update: So the slushee guy came today and my coworkers were still coming to me with questions. Ok, I STILL don't know what's wrong with it, how to fix it, or how long it will take. Why can't you talk to the guy yourself? He's standing right there.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
          X