Clear All

• Around the 1st of the month brings out all the crazies

---note this all happened in one day-
    Me
    sc(elderly woman)

Me-your total is $725 mam
    sc-*pulls out a check* gotta pen..?
    Me-mam you dont have to write the check out the machine does everything
    sc-well i wanna write my ****** check out whats it to ya?
    me-.......... *waits 10 minutes or so for her to finish filling out the check*
    the computer asks for the number off her id
    me-can i see your id mam?
    sc-no for what???!!!i refuse im 81 years old i refuse to let you have access to my social security number!! what kinda scam are you people running here..??!!
    me-mam your ssi # is not on your id
    ss-well you and *store i work at* can go to he** i am very offended and will be calling to speak to your store manager as soon as i get home

---oh and of course my FAVORITE for the day some lady tried to scam me out of money. So she comes up to my register and (talking really fast) says something along the lines of 'i need change i have to get a money order' i dont normally give change but a manager was standing behind me and said were really busy just go ahead and give it to her. so she hands me *$200* i get the change out with out closing my drawer ( i always do this with large amounts of money in case i take a wrong bill out(were all human) so i counted the money and she say's wait give me a $20 bill back i only needed change for 180 so i took my money i gave her back and handed her back her twenty.. then she goes oh wait give me one of those twenties back ill give it to you in ones, nobody else will give me change for *$300* dollars
    me-mam you...(before i finished my sentence i told her yeah let me see that so i can give you that extra $100 its been a long day)
    sc-*grins thinking this idiot acutally fell for it*
    i threw the money in the register and handed her back her original 200 and told her better luck scamming somebody else..she couldnt do anything but walk off smh..!

Nice, I like the ones that have someone legtimately buy something (may even be a legit customer) and will actually try to sneak into your till.

Comment

Quoth x_ugh_x View Post
      Me-mam you dont have to write the check out the machine does everything
      sc-well i wanna write my ****** check out whats it to ya?
      Had something similar the other day. We need a check (doesn't need to be filled out) and a drivers license or State ID. We check the ID, run the check through the machine, the machine reads the check information and debits the account, the customer signs the credit card reader, we run the check through the printer where it prints "VOID VOID VOID" all over the check, hand check and receipt to the customer and the transaction is finished.

I tried to explain this to a customer and you'd think I'd demanded her firstborn child as payment! She went all tremulous and borderline crying and could not (or would not) understand what I was explaining to her. Finally she asked if she could use a debit card, and I said yes, she brightened immediately and the transaction finished without a hitch. Why she couldn't understand me when every previous customer I explained it to understood, I have no idea.
      Quoth x_ugh_x View Post
      So she comes up to my register and (talking really fast) says something along the lines of 'i need change i have to get a money order' i dont normally give change but a manager was standing behind me and said were really busy just go ahead and give it to her.
      Was your manager paying attention to what was happening, or did s/he count down your drawer afterwards? If the scammer handled the change at any point, she could've palmed a twenty or two and claimed you'd shorted her the amount.
      Quoth x_ugh_x View Post
      i threw the money in the register and handed her back her original 200 and told her better luck scamming somebody else..she couldnt do anything but walk off smh..!
      "smh"?

I hate scammers. I'm glad you were able to put the kibosh on that, and I hope she gets what she has coming!
      Last edited by XCashier; 10-01-2011, 03:13 AM.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

SMH = shaking my head.

My parents always used to feed me crap about how people of their generation were all proper and pious and didn't curse or do bad things (well, obviously not EVERYONE, but you know, in general). That 81 year old woman reminds me of all the regular people I know of that generation who are not at ALL proper, pious or classy. I'm glad I don't live in a bubble anymore

to CS!
        "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

yeah, my manager counted my drawer down at the end of the day (they do it everyday before we leave) and my drawer was over maybe five cents thank goodness.

Comment

Working...
          X