This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A different kind of SC

This one wasn't a sucky customer. The SC in question was a Sucky Cashier.
    I've read many posts on here about customers coming into a convenience store, cell phone plastered to their ear, and not listening to the attendant.

Today was the opposite. I went into a gas station/convenience store to buy some drinks and cigarettes. The guy behind the counter had his cellphone glued to his ear, and was practically yelling at the person on the other end. All the while, there were 4 other customers in the store, in line, trying to get the guy to pay some attention.

One person pre-paid for gas and the SC dude messed it up because he was talking about some RPG game he just beat. He was also talking about how wasted he was last weekend, how "evil" his ex-girlfriend is, and something to do with Oscar Mayer hot dogs. I wasn't really paying attention, nor did I want to. But no one could help it because of the volume of this guy.

The SC didn't acknowledge any of us customers, didn't say "Thank you! Come again!" or bat an eyelash when the kid ahead of me pocketed some gum.
    I had to tell the guy three times what kind of cigarettes I wanted, each time with more emphasis. The second time I told him what kind, he even put up his index finger for the "hold on a sec" gesture so he could tell the other person about something vitally important. Probably what hit point damage his elf assassin could inflict with his +5 sword of doom and gloom.

It just goes to show you; no matter what side of the counter you're on, there's always an SC.
    Age and wisdom don't necessarily go together. Some people just become stupid with more authority.

"Who put the goat in there? The yellow goat I ate."

This is one of my biggest pet peeves. I will not talk on my cell phone while I am being a customer, and I expect the same of the employee helping me. The Mrs. Fields employees at the mall where I worked were NOTORIOUS for this. Even the manger would spend his morning yapping on the phone, and only spare the briefest moments greeting/helping his customers. If I had tried talking on the phone at my work while helping a customer at the same time, I would have had my ass handed to me by management. It's just common courtesy.
    --Kim--

“It is sometimes an appropriate response to reality to go insane.” Philip K. Dick

Comment

There's 5 grocery stores close to my house, but there's only one with sucky cashiers... They only have 4 or 5 registers, and usually all of them are open even when it's not busy, so the cashiers just chat, which is fine. I talk to my co-workers when I'm not serving customers. But then every time I'm served, they still talk! They're two or three meters apart, both serving customers, and still talking about their plans for that night. I don't even get a "hi" or "bye!" It's insane. So that's why I don't go there anymore.
      Michael: Maybe you'll be inspired by the boat party tonight and start a career as a pirate.
      Tobias: I haven't packed for that.
      <3 Arrested Development

Comment

An employee in a different department came to my window to cash out her paycheck and she just kept yapping on her cell phone and looked pissed at me whenever I said anything to her pertaining to HER money.

Whoever is on the phone no matter which side of the counter they're on should get off the damn phone!

Comment

It's employees like that who give ALL employees a bad rep. Grrrrrrrrrrr.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
          X