This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quietly Angry Tax Woman...

Lady comes up to the till (I work in a clothing department store... those in canada would know it starts with S.) with a lot of bags. Its been busy and I'm the ONLY one on

She has returns, on multiple receipts. I Inwardly groan.

so I start processing it. First I beep all the items returning and see if they're on any of the receipts. One item has no tags, so I say I can't take it. She's miffed but ok.

Then I can't find an item on ANY of the receipts, so can only give her the lowest sale price.

Another item wont' beep up.

But then one of the receipts was dated SEPTEMBEr. (our return policy is 90 days, no qusetions asked).

I think you all know the argument that never ended, me saying I can't take it. She finally resigns it, and stats saying she needs to return these to PAY TAXES. o.o;

I'm getting a little upset herself, since, she quotes 'If anything else can't be returned I'm going to be pissed."

And to my fear, something else was bought in NOVEMBER.

I'm getting a little nervous, but keeping my cool. Customers are lined up and she's going on and on about taxes, how this is 'bull----t" and so on. Not YELLING but definitely upset. So I return to her on her card, the items I COULD take back (about 200 dollars worth), and she's going on about her taxes, finally stalks off with the other items.

I take a few deep breaths, but I feel proud of myself. Sorry for not remembering the details. I'm poor like that.
    Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

Somebody doesn't know how to manage their finances...
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

So she blows too much money on stupid clothes she doesn't need and then finds herself short when it comes time to pay taxes. Oh, my heart just bleeds for her.
      Is there a smiley of someone playing a little violin? There should be.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Quoth Boozy View Post
        Is there a smiley of someone playing a little violin? There should be.
        You mean this one?

So she can't afford to pay her bills because she just *had* to have more clothes. Cry me a freaking river. Boo hoo hoo.
        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Holy crap, where'd that one come from? There are hidden face codes?
          I know I'm laughing but it's really not funny. - Me
          "I was in the hall. I know, because I was there." - Clue

Comment

When you make a reply, underneath the visible smilies there is a link that says "[More]," which has the rest of them.
            "I live in Los Angeles, and I was on the walk of fame. I was drunk, and I got a henna tattoo that says, 'Forever.'" -Zack Galifianakis

Call Sophia Moore or Kent E. Ryder for a good time!

Comment

Quoth KuzcoLlama View Post
              When you make a reply, underneath the visible smilies there is a link that says "[More]," which has the rest of them.
              Yeah, I saw those, but the violin one isn't on the list which is why I thought maybe it was just a lucky code or something.
              I know I'm laughing but it's really not funny. - Me
              "I was in the hall. I know, because I was there." - Clue

Comment

Clothing customers are the worst (or the worst I've ever dealt with anyway).
                Some of them have absolutely no shame.
                ~~*

"No! You can take the kids, but you leave me my monkey." - WALK HARD: THE DEWEY COX STORY

Comment

Quoth ShortTemperHatesStupidity View Post
                  Yeah, I saw those, but the violin one isn't on the list which is why I thought maybe it was just a lucky code or something.
                  I just found them. Click "More" and then SIDE scroll in the box that pops up.
                  Thanks for posting that smiley, Protege!

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Hehehe you're welcome! I still think we need a "Pittsburgh Salute" smiley
                    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                      You mean this one?

I prefer this one, it show how much I really care.

I'm tolerant of everyone and everything except for assholes. - Mongo Skruddgemire

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                        Hehehe you're welcome! I still think we need a "Pittsburgh Salute" smiley
                        Is that what we'd call the Harvey Smith over here? It's the two-fingered version instead of one.

Rapscallion

Comment

Working...
                        X