Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Customers who call from their work...Ugh!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customers who call from their work...Ugh!

Why, oh, why, oh, why do customer have to call us while they're working at their job? Our office is open from 8am until 8pm Monday through Friday, and 8am until 430pm on Saturdays. Can't these people call from their homes when they are not working?

I get several who will say "I'm working and don't have time for a long explanation", yet these same people call later that nothing was explained to them when they get their "surprise" bill in the mail. Or, earlier today, the lady that called upset that our on-line site is not working, yet went on and on when she could have spoken to customer service to get her payment taken. They don't have time for this, yet they have all the time in the world to bitch us out and rip us all a new asshole in the process.

I wish more companies were like yours. Every day of the week except for friday, I'm at work when a few certain companies (BAH) are open, and they're closed the second I get off of work. However, when I call, I never rush them. Mostly because they're :: gasp:: important matters!

Who woulda thunk it.
    "I live in Los Angeles, and I was on the walk of fame. I was drunk, and I got a henna tattoo that says, 'Forever.'" -Zack Galifianakis

Call Sophia Moore or Kent E. Ryder for a good time!

Comment

My favourite is when customers call, wanting us to set up their mobile phones as modems with their PCs, and they're:
      a) not in front of the PC and
      b) they don't have their phone

Shall I sprinkle my pixie dust into the phone for you sir? That will magically make your phone a modem!
      The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

I understand completely. My company is open 24 hours a flippin' day and people always want things done for them instantly and without question because they're at work (usually hiding under a desk or in a bathroom so the boss doesn't see them). It's like they think it's gives them super powers. "I don't have time to wait for you to look at my bill or troubleshoot my issue, or whatever stupid thing I'm mad about. I'm AT WORK!"

Well what do you know, sir/ma'am? I am too.

Then they get mad because it's taking more than the 5.3 seconds they thought it would to resolve their issue. Worse is when they're calling on a break. "I've been on the phone with you people for XX minutes, and I'm on my break and now I won't get to eat!"

First, you called me. Second, sort out your priorities. Destressing from work, eating to ensure you don't starve and live another day to be a jackass, those are probably a little more important than your phone.
        "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Yes, I love that as well. Being that I work in internet support, most of our customers sit around waiting on an installation CD when we in fact help them set it up manually over the phone. Yet, I will have those that are:

1) Calling from work, yet they fail to tell me that until I tell them, "All right, let's do that set up, and I'll walk you through it."

2) At their computer for the millionth time, yet they have no idea what operating system they use, ie Windows XP or 98, plus they won't cooperate on ways to find out. Instead, "Well, can't you see it?"

3) Holding other conversations at the same time they're frustrated. I had a guy one time that was in the middle of a conference call, which meant I became a part of his company. Ugh!

Comment

My universal reply to people who bitch about being in a big hurry:

"I understand. If this isn't a good time to go over this, we are open until five. Give us a call when you have enough time and we'll be here ready to help. We'll also be open again tomorrow at 9, if that's more convenient."

The trick is to be absolutely dripping in concern and sincerity (even if you want to reach through the phone and strangle the idiots). There can't be even a hint of sarcasm. You are simply acting the part of a very nice lady/gentleman trying to be as helpful as possible to a busy, overstressed customer.

Most folks will calm right down and work with me after I say that. The rest will usually agree that maybe NOW isn't a good time, end the call in civil fashion and call back when they have more time.

Beating SCs is one thing, but charming the suck out of them is much more satisfying.

Edited:

Whoa! Speaking of people who call when it isn't a good time...

I just got off a call from a lady who needed to activate. When she found out it involves giving me a long string of numbers, she wanted to find out if she could do it without "talking a lot" because there was "someone in the room who doesn't like a lot of talking."

I suggested she try emailing the number to me, but she ended up rattling them off anyway.

And, of course, she did it in such garbled and incomprehensible fashion, that I had to ask her to repeat herself. A lot.

Oy.
            Last edited by Dips; 02-23-2007, 08:01 PM.
            The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Working...
            X