This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Beckpatton View Post
    I never understood the idea of over overbooking flights and hotels, especially when said seats and rooms are prepaid in advance. The company is getting paid whether someone shows up or not, so to me it's just double dipping greed!

<snip>

To me the overbooking policy is just trouble waiting to happen, I don't understand the benefits apart from feeding a greedy need for extra money!
    Then it would seem you understand perfectly the reason why companies do this.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

[QUOTE=Beckpatton;970262]I never understood the idea of over overbooking flights and hotels, especially when said seats and rooms are prepaid in advance. The company is getting paid whether someone shows up or not, so to me it's just double dipping greed!QUOTE]

The majority of hotel rooms are not prepaid. Third party reservations made through Expedia, Priceline, etc. are prepaid, but your average reservation made through the desk clerk or hotel website is billed when you check out. A No-Show reservation is usually charged the following morning the guest did not arrive.

However, some hotels in high demand tourist areas may require a deposit or prepayment regardless of payment method, but that's not the norm.

Comment

Working...
      X