Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm getting married in an hour so HURRY UP!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dunno about y'all, but the original post sounded like a scene from a bad Julia Roberts romantic comedy.
    "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

(((someone bought a wedding cake at walmart???)))[/QUOTE]

Yep. We were paying for our own wedding, and I wanted a cake. The Wal-Mart near where I live has EXCELLENT cakes for a good price. Like I said, it looked really nice, and they even decorated the sheet cake like the two-tier cake for no extra charge! My wedding was NOT a fancy affair, so the Wal-Mart cake fit right in!

(I wanted to go to the courthouse and get married. My husband was the one that wanted a wedding. In retrospect, I'm glad we had a wedding. My mother in law passed away 3 and a half years later, and I'm glad she got to dance with her youngest son at our wedding. If only she would have lived to see our kids. )

Comment

Couldn't she have dispatched a couple of bridesmaids for that task? That takes multi-tasking to a whole new level.

Comment

Quoth Spiffy McMoron View Post
          She needed to buy a cheap shotgun for the wedding?
          Nah, the father of the bride is supposed to do that
          "Time shall help me face my painful memories with indifference, and with more of it, I won't feel the need to face them at all..."

Comment

Just wanted to share that I went to Wal-Mart about an hour before my wedding too.
            The wife and I were dead broke, so I decided to return one of the microwaves that we got as a wedding gift to help pay for our honeymoon.
            I got to the return desk and there were already about 6 people in line ahead of me.
            I just anounced to the line that I was on my way to my wedding and asked if they wouldn't mind if I cut to the front.
            Everyone of them were shocked, but more than happy to oblige my request.
            I thanked them all and they wished me well.

Comment

Quoth flybye023 View Post
              Personally, I think she just wanted the extra attention. Why else would you go out among strangers in an outfit so totally different from everyday wear and so, well, obvious?
              On Halloween a year or two ago, my wife gave me a pair of shoes to return to the store (something about how they didn't match the black dress and the black was different and .. I don't know...), I happened to have my priest outfit on, one that I'd gotten from an actual clergy supply (black shirt, collar, slacks, belt). Apparently, it was very realistic as one of my coworkers claimed that it should be illegal for me to purchase these items without a license.

Anyways, the woman at the counter, very nice and all, saw me in line, on Halloween, and started to ask me to cut ahead so she could help me before the other customers. It took me a moment, but I declined politely and let the others in line continue and when she received my return, I just explained as I have here and she took it back, all the while calling me Father.

I love that outfit. I can't wait for Halloween again.
              Bears are bad. If an animal is going to be mean it should look so, like sharks and alligators. - Mark Healey

Comment

Working...
              X