This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
    Ominousoat, your customers have some testicular fortitude, don't they?

Holy biscuit.
    Methinks they make clanking noises when they walk.

Comment

I used to go to a comic book store, and the guy who was usually working invited me to start shoplifting. He told me how on Tuesdays and Thursdays the camera shut off automatically one hour before close, or how on any other day there was this certain place I could stand and the camera could not see me. I was friendly with the guy so I did not say anything, but I had known the owner a long time and would never had stolen from him. In high school I had friends that shoplifted, and after finding out they had stolen from the store I refused to bring them back. I had not problem then stealing from big stores like Wal-Mart (I was a jerk back then, no excuses) but even then I knew not to steal from small local stores that I want to see stick around.

Comment

Fun kharma update: One of the guys who always requested free ciggarettes from me (I would just ask for his ID, heh) is now working at a gas station I frequent. I'm tempted to walk in and say something like "Hey! I'm just taking the gas! We're cool, right? Right?"
        Your dignity shredded in five minutes or less, or your abuse is free.

Comment

On Friday and Saturday night shifts I'd always get cabs pull up with a bunch of blokes in who would pile out and then all try to get served first, as well as alternately swearing at me and calling me Jesus due to the hair and beard. Initially I'd single out the most sober one then point at the rest and tell them to shut up or get off the site. If that didn't work I'd just start moving at about a tenth of my normal speed, meaning not only did I piss off the tossers from my nice warm shop, but I made the cab driver at least an extra fiver.

I hated serving through the hatch, if it wasn't for the insurance problems I'd have left the door open all night.

Dragonlover
          You have no idea how many ponchos can fit in a box- Me, after may first day at the warehouse

Comment

Ominousoat, at least now you have a patch of real estate and security doors, and not just a counter, between you and the public.
            Labor boards have info on local laws for free
            HR believes the first person in the door
            Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
            Document everything
            CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Working...
            X