This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Shironu-Akaineko View Post
    You know there are people working at 7/11 reading this line and going "AW COME ON!!!"
    He also had a knife on him when he was apprehended. This comes the same week that another librarian was physically assaulted at a different branch by a patron pissed off that our computers were down.

ETA: He also knew where the volunteer lived and had followed her home on several occasions.
    Last edited by Daphne; 03-27-2007, 04:55 AM.

Comment

being a librarian

Quoth Daphne View Post
      He also had a knife on him when he was apprehended. This comes the same week that another librarian was physically assaulted at a different branch by a patron pissed off that our computers were down.

ETA: He also knew where the volunteer lived and had followed her home on several occasions.
      eeek
      What profession have I chosen for myself?
      ...but I'm a bastard and so desensitized to the scum of humanity that I'm immune to the Stun status effect.
      Quoth Gravekeeper

Comment

My mom was a librarian for years and I literally grew up in a library...some of my earliest memories are of making a little tent under my mom's desk as a preschooler and taking my nap by her feet while she worked. At the end of the night, we always had to go around and wake up all the homeless folks who were scattered around and shoo them out for the night...whee, fun.

Since I was reading at a high school level at the age of six and I always adored tagging along with my mom to work, my mom and the other librarians taught me how to put away videos and would send me toddling out there with a cart taller than I was and pulling a footstool over so I could reach all the shelves. (Of course, now I raz her about child labor, heh.)

Even THEN, I remember getting bugged by people...I was six years old, standing on a stool to put away documentaries, and some idiot would always come by and start asking me crazy questions about whether or not I was a librarian and what I was doing and where was such and such and blah blah blah. Dude...I'm obviously SIX YEARS OLD. Maybe you mistook me for a little person since I'm 3'7", but you'd think the Cat In The Hat shirt, velcro shoes and pink flowered pants would be a clue.

I was never in any danger, since my mother was sitting twenty feet away watching and if anyone tried something, she would cruise over here and cave in their skull with her tape dispenser. But still, I would get asked dumbass questions. There's just something about a possible librarian that sets off the DUH function.

...note to self, examine early encounters with idiocy and attempt to trace connection to current HATRED of humanity...
        "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

Quoth Spiffy McMoron View Post
          I like the silence, and books weigh less than coffins. Now off.
          Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
          Random Trivia: A coffin is the wider-at-the-top, narrower-at-the-bottom wooden box you generally see in old horror movies (think Dracula); the rectangular, curved-lid box we see at modern funerals is a casket. (I saw one of those "how they make it" shows on the Discovery Channel or somewhere late one night.)
          True, but that's still a great comeback!
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

eeek
            *hands cesii a case of industrial strength mace*

hopefully, you'll never need it, but just in case...i guess not all nuts/freaks stay on the street; some find their way into places of learning.

*will be wary of the person next to her in the library*
            look! it's ghengis khan!
            Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth chainedbarista View Post
              hopefully, you'll never need it, but just in case...i guess not all nuts/freaks stay on the street; some find their way into places of learning.
              They also find their way into bookstores...like the crackhead talking to the magazines in Borders last night. How he was carrying on a conversation with the people *in* the magazines, I have no idea...and didn't stick around to find out!
              Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth Cesii View Post
                eeek
                I've been asking myself that very question a lot lately.

Comment

Quoth chainedbarista View Post
                  *hands cesii a case of industrial strength mace*
                  Thank you!!!
                  *taking the mace and stashing it carefully
                  ...but I'm a bastard and so desensitized to the scum of humanity that I'm immune to the Stun status effect.
                  Quoth Gravekeeper

Comment

Working...
                  X