This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most Vile Woman EVER. (longish)

This sight is a blessing and a curse. On one hand it's an amusing way to get through the work day, on the other hand it drudges up cruel memories of sucky customers past.

Wait...I wonder if there is a ghost of sucky customers past? I digress.

Anyhow, while I was perusing the forums a previously repressed memory suddenly lept up back up into my consciousness to harrass me yet again, therapy time.

It was August. A mysterious heat wave had just rolled over one of the northern states we support. Since we're a lot of masochists here the company has a repair plan for various appliances. Now, this is a pretty cool plan since we'll even fix non-gas appliances for a nominal fee of ten dollars if you have the plan, if you don't have the plan...well, tought luck.

Anyhow, even though this plan does offer vastly discounted repair rates, it doesn't mean that a technician will fix your washing machine at 2 am on Sunday, they do have working hours, and it also doesn't mean we magically have time slots open when you call wanting a technician in thirty minutes to make your oven work. However, since these people pay their bloody twenty bucks every month for insurance they're pretty sure that they have an amazing edge over the common man.

And here our story begins.

I knew this one was going to be bad because it involved family. I'm all for support of your offspring, but it seems to bring out the hideousness is parents when they have to think of their dear children suffering without appliances. And here is the transcript as best as my mind will allow it:

Me: Thank you for calling, my name is ominousoat, how can I assist you today?

SC: My daughters don't have any AC!

Me: Okay, what is your account number?

SC: Why do you need that?

Me: So I can reference your account.

SC: I don't have that.

Me: ooookay...well what is the address?

SC: [gives me the address]

Me: I'm sorry, I can't find that here, could it be listed a different way?

SC: WHAT! That wasn't good enough? Why the hell can't you find it! It's under [gives common name that would probably pull up around 500 results in our system]

Me: I'm sorry, that didn't pull anything up, what would the phone number be on the account?

SC: [speaking to someone else in the room] This [expletive] moron can't find it? Where the [expletive] is the bill

SC: [screaming account # to me] THE ACCOUNT NUMBER IS XXXXXX-X!

At this point it's important to note this woman sounds like the love child of Joan Crawford and the slug-creature receptionist from Monsters Inc.

Me: Thank you. [I notice it's a trailer park, this explains two things: why I couldn't pull up the address, and why this woman is so hideous.]

Me: Okay, I do see you have the insurance plan, and you said the AC was out?

SC [honest to God]: Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh (said just like Michelle Tanner, you know from Fully House...played by the Olson twins...it was her catch phrase...you know what, never mind, pretend I didn't just reference Full House)

Me, trying to stay civil: Okay, and what is it doing?

SC: I DON'T KNOW! I DON'T EVEN LIVE THERE! IT'S JUST NOT WORKING? WHAT MORE DO YOU NEED! MY DAUGHTERS CALLED ME AND TOLD ME IT'S NOT WORKING! NOW MY BABIES NEED THEIR AIR CONDITIONING SO JUST GET A [EXPLETIVE] TECH OUT THERE NOW! OR ELSE!

Me: Let me look here...okay, well due to it being past after hours and Friday, the soonest date would be Monday of next week.

SC: [using a hideous mockery of my voice to person in room with her] Ohhhh I can't get anyone out there until Monday...ohhhh we just can't do it.

SC: DO IT!

Me: I'm sorry, there's now way, it's after hours and our technicians won't go out for Air Conditioners after hours.

SC: [using mocking voice again] Ohhhhh...I can't make my techs do it....ohhhh they can't do it...wahhhh

Me: Ma'am, please stop using that voice. I apologize but we can't get it done.

SC: [expletive] you you little [expletive] I need an [expletive] tech out there right now or we're sueing!

Me: Ma'am, the only way we can get a tech out for an Air Conditioner is if it's a medical emergency.

SC: OF COURSE IT'S A MEDICAL EMERGENCY! WHY ELSE WOULD I BE CALLING?

Me: And what is their medical condition?

SC: Rhinoplasty.

Me: Plastic Surgery?

SC: Duuuuuuuuuuuh! [God. Why?]

Me: Will they be able to produce medical documentation when the tech gets there?

SC: [hesitating] yyyesss.

Me: Okay, good, I'll send them out then.

SC: FINALLY! DUMB[expletive].

I did send them out, but (surprise surprise) the daughters didn't have proper medical documentation! Naturally the technicians didn't fix the AC and they just went home. I was imagining two hideous hell beast trailer park sisters with bandages on their noses running to the door to let that technician in to fix the AC and him having to tell them they were just gonna' have to tough it out until Monday. And as kharma would have it, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday ended up filled up by the time the woman called back again. Consequently due to her hideousness her daughers ended up waiting until Thursday for their AC repair.

I think they survived.

[EDIT: Oh man, I can't believe I forgot to mention the most horrible thing about this woman. While her husband was searching for the bill she informed me that "He had a stroke so now he's a [expletive] moron."]
    Last edited by ominousoat; 02-25-2007, 07:32 PM.
    Your dignity shredded in five minutes or less, or your abuse is free.

I just wonder how the early settlers managed without air conditioning for the first few centuries.

Rapscallion

Comment

Dear dog, people will scream & complain about just about anything these days. It's ridiculous. You handled the call well & it's hilarious that the techs didn't come back until Thursday. HEE HEE!

Also, I imagined her voice as the bus driver from South Park.
      Last edited by Phone Jockey; 02-25-2007, 06:31 PM. Reason: added stuffs
      The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Comment

OK, if we're talking about an elderly person or someone with a condition that makes the heat dangerous, fine. Rhinoplasty? Open the windows, then go to Walmart, stock up on cold beverages and get a damn fan! In what universe is a nose job a medical emergency?
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Two daughters with nosejobs and you live in a trailer park? They must have been on Dr. 90210 White Trash edition. I won't even TRY to make sense of this one........

Quoth Phone Jockey View Post
          Also, I imagined her voice as the bus driver from South Park.
          Her name is Ms. Crabtree in case you were wondering. WHAT DID YOU SAY???????!!!!!!
          "If you are planning not to tip, please let your server know before ordering so they can decide whether or not to wait on you" - from an advice column I read some time ago

Comment

Why didn't you just hang up on that bitch?

My rule is you get one freebie swear word. When you give me second expletive I'm done with you. I would've told her to call back when she could be civil.

And for her to call her husband a moron because he had a stroke...for his sake I kinda wish he'd died from it.

Her name is Ms. Crabtree in case you were wondering. WHAT DID YOU SAY???????!!!!!!
            I said rabbits eat lettuce!
            MC: Oh. Well yes, they certainly do.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
              Why didn't you just hang up on that bitch?

My rule is you get one freebie swear word. When you give me second expletive I'm done with you. I would've told her to call back when she could be civil.

Sadly I was still a nervous little newbie (as was everyone else, we're a relatively new call center) and didn't know we had the power to hang up yet. Of course now that I've evolved into a full-fledged low-tolerance abuse-nazi bastard, this would never fly.

Of course I now have several less good stories, so give and take.
              Last edited by Ree; 02-25-2007, 08:57 PM. Reason: Fixing quote

Comment

ominousoat-do you do other appliances as well. I want to know if you get women who bitch about no dishwashers... lawnmowers in the summer... that sorta thing? That would positively slay me, I digress.
                I know I'm laughing but it's really not funny. - Me
                "I was in the hall. I know, because I was there." - Clue

Comment

Quoth ShortTemperHatesStupidity View Post
                  ominousoat-do you do other appliances as well. I want to know if you get women who bitch about no dishwashers

We don't cover dishwasher; however, we do have a plethora of angered customers who call in swearing up and down that we said we covered their dishwasher.

We. Have. Never. Covered. That. Ever.

Anyhow, I did once have a man explain that the fixing of his dishwasher was *EXTREMELY* important, and he needed someone on that *TODAY IF AT ALL POSSIBLE*.

Uh. No.
                  Last edited by Ree; 02-25-2007, 09:22 PM. Reason: Editing irrelevant parts out of quote

Comment

Quoth ominousoat View Post
                    Anyhow, I did once have a man explain that the fixing of his dishwasher was *EXTREMELY* important, and he needed someone on that *TODAY IF AT ALL POSSIBLE*.
                    Yeah, cause you know, washing them in the bloody SINK with SOAP AND YOUR OWN TWO HANDS went out with high-button shoes, and most homes don't even *HAVE* a sink anymore.
                    GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

"And for her to call her husband a moron because he had a stroke...for his sake I kinda wish he'd died from it."

Sadly, the poor bastard probably wishes it, too.

Comment

Quoth ominousoat View Post
                        [EDIT: Oh man, I can't believe I forgot to mention the most horrible thing about this woman. While her husband was searching for the bill she informed me that "He had a stroke so now he's a [expletive] moron."]
                        Not that I wouldn't have hung up sooner, but there, in particular:
                        "Ma'am, I'm afraid I can't help you any longer. You see? I had and lived through a stroke. I'm quite possibly more intelligent than you still. You have insulted me, and thus, are no longer worthy of my scant amount of attention." *click*
                        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth tollbaby View Post
                          Yeah, cause you know, washing them in the bloody SINK with SOAP AND YOUR OWN TWO HANDS went out with high-button shoes, and most homes don't even *HAVE* a sink anymore.
                          Toll sweetie, they seriously don't consider those types of things-handwashing dishes is so beneath them. When I worked for the repair center (and we fixed dishwashers) you would think they got sand in their vag's if we couldn't get someone out there within a day or two-I wanted to hand them some massengill and tell them to get over it. Not like most of those people cooked a lot at home (I'm venturing to guess) but god forbid they have to wash an effin glass by hand...
                          I know I'm laughing but it's really not funny. - Me
                          "I was in the hall. I know, because I was there." - Clue

Comment

Dishwasher? I just throw 'em out and go buy more!
                            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Not only does that woman have many severe issues, she's also bred.

I'm frightened.
                              Unseen but seeing
                              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                              3rd shift needs love, too
                              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                              X