Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One thing that was nice about Kinko's was that we did not price match. If you want Staples pricing, go to Staples. We didn't care. Odds were good you'd be back, complaining about Staples.

And we were unapologetic in it, too. Don't tell us "Staples is cheaper." We knew that. We just didn't give a damn.

Comment

Quoth Ciarrai View Post
      Really? I didn't know that. They just cut out parts of the movie and sell them as if they were the original? Sorry for the questions, but I'm completely flabbergasted by that.
      Actually, I didn't know that either. I haven't bought a movie from Wal-Mart in a long time, but I get movies from people who do buy from Wal-Mart. Even the unrated versions are censored if they're from Wal-Mart?
      This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

I once had a case where a guy looked at a 5-in-1 remote control in our store, went to another much larger chain store 100 yards away that had them in stock at over 15 dollars less...

You can see what's coming next, can't you?

He returned to our store, and insisted that we price match the chain store that could buy them in quantities maybe 20 times greater than us.

So we lost about 10 dollars on the deal.

Thinks "Aaaagh, go AWAY!"

Comment

I've actually had an electronics place flat out refuse to price match before.

I got an ad from an Apple dealer (Apple computers that is) for one of their iMacs (This was several years ago). Full print ad, with picture, described what was included, including a digital camera or MP3 player (Which were crummy, so I didn't care)

Unfortunately, this place was some distance away, so I stopped at large electronics retailer (The one that's evidently from the Future). Right at the door was a sign that said 'We match any advertised price on electronics'. The small print said it had to be a current ad, and you had to have it with you, and Future Shop had to have the item in stock. No problem. I went in and found a salesperson.

They did indeed have the iMac in stock. I asked the salesperson if they would price match my ad. He went and got his manager...

Manager said 'no'.

I asked him why, wondering if I had missed some piece of small print. I didn't even want the MP3 player or Camera (Was a PoS $50 item)... just give me the computer sans goodie for the same price. Nope.

Why? They just didn't want to.

So, I shrugged and went to the other computer place and bought the computer.

The moral? Well, Apple computer mandates its prices to its retailers. They all charge the same price for the same computer (They compete by tossing in free goodies like a printer or aforementioned crappy MP3 player). The price the Shop of Tomorrow was refusing to match was the one Apple was telling them they HAD to charge, not a sale special. Shortly afterwards, said Futuristic Retailer lost their license to sell Apple products. Not long after, the iPod boom hit.

But to be fair, this was a crappy outlet of a crappy retailer chain. In most cases, my policy is if you see something you want advertised for a price you want to pay... go to the place that advertised it. Price matching is usually more trouble than it's worth.
          Check out my webcomic!

Comment

Quoth Bagga View Post
            I once had a case where a guy looked at a 5-in-1 remote control in our store, went to another much larger chain store 100 yards away that had them in stock at over 15 dollars less...

He returned to our store, and insisted that we price match the chain store
            Why in the did he not buy it at the other store while he was there?!?

Wait...that would make sense.... Never mind.
            Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Quoth AFpheonix View Post
              They bleep out music, too. Yay for Big Brother.....
              It's part of their "family friendly" policy....never mind that the Walmart near me has some interesting things going on in the parking lot at times--muggings, fights, carjacking, and at least one sexual assault... Anyway, if I'm going to get a flick, I want the unedited version. Half the time a flick gets edited, it's not done right...and the resulting storyline occasionally seems a bit "odd."
              Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

We had a customer who came in to buy some Easter candy. After it was rung up she insisted that a certain candy was 99 cents. That was the price she got it for 2 weeks ago. She even had her reciet. the candy had be price changed (probably due to an incorrect sign) and we were not going to giver her the price. We tried to explain that prices change and that the candy was not that price anymore. But she would not execpt that fact. Lady it was incorrectly marked 2 weeks ago, the price is not the same now!
                I have PMS and a black belt. Any questions?

This random moment is brought to you by the letters A D and D.

Comment

Working...
                X