This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a TREE!

The thread about bags for bags of meds reminded me of a woman we got the other night. She bought two large 6 or 7 foot tall fake trees.

Usually when someone buys them, I say immediately, "We don't have bags that will fit your tree", as a joke, because duh. I didn't get a chance to say it with her and sure enough she goes "Do you have a bag for this?!".

No. I showed her the largest bag we have, and she goes searching for a big bag. Did she think I was lying to her? "Well, we DO Have extra large giant tree bags, but we liketo hide them, because, well, we only like to give them to special people...."...

I suppose, if she'd have been really insistent, she could have got one of the giant garbage bags, but who the heck needs a bag for a six or seven foot tall tree? It's FAKE! There isn't even any dirt! It's FAKE!

FAKE!

Then her husband wanted to know if there were any guys to help them bring it to their car. Nope, no guys. Plus the trees aren't that heavy--AND...they brought them up to the damned register without any trouble, surely they could lug it a few yards to their car.

I certainly wasn't going to volunteer to help them.

Perhaps I should have told them that we keep the guys with the extra special large giant TREE bags... Bah.

"Don't you have any bags for this..."...ARGH!
    you are = you're. not "your".

Quoth simplyanother View Post
    Then her husband wanted to know if there were any guys to help them bring it to their car. Nope, no guys. Plus the trees aren't that heavy--AND...they brought them up to the damned register without any trouble, surely they could lug it a few yards to their car.
    Oh, god. I use to get the exact opposite of this.
    Little old ladies would come into the store and buy the HEAVIEST things they could find.
    The biggest vases. The biggest rugs. The heaviest mirrors and artwork.
    Did they have someone with them to help them?
    NO.
    Not freakin' once.
    One of them parked a few stores down from us and expected someone to lug her TWO cartloads to her car.
    When I suggested she drive her car up to our store front, she gave me a look like I called her a skank and huffed, "I suppose I could do that."
    Yes, suppose you DO.
    GADS.
    ~~*

"No! You can take the kids, but you leave me my monkey." - WALK HARD: THE DEWEY COX STORY

Comment

Quoth simplyanother View Post
      Perhaps I should have told them that we keep the guys with the extra special large giant TREE bags... Bah.
      "I apologize, ma'am, but due to the recent outbreak of Moron Influenza, we've lost all of our help and are currently using our extra-large tree bags to store the heavy-lifter corpses. High turnover and all that.

Oh... Oh, good lord. You aren't contagious, are you??"
      Saving the planet and everything on it is certainly a daunting task; but see, push has come to shove...Let's roll.

- Inga Muscio

Comment

In the greenhouse, it is the real trees that can be a problem.

People drive their little cars to buy a big tree, 20 bags of potting soil and a couple 8ft timbers, and then they get mad at me because it dosn't fit in their Pinto.

I also do have to bag up the trees for some people, but I use trash bags around the pots so they don't spill any dirt in their allready filthy car.
        "First time I ever seen a chainsaw go down anybody's britches,"

Comment

Heh heh...we have fake trees at my store that have been there over a year!

They came in for a transitional set between Christmas and outdoor living last winter, and then for some strange reason, everything in the transitional set went to clearance EXCEPT the fake trees, which never went on clearance and kept being moved to various spots without selling.

We still have most of them. They are not heavy or dirty at all, so IMHO anybody who asks for help loading them into their vehicle is a spoiled Paris Hilton-type.

And we do not have bags that fit them either. If anybody asked for one, I'd toss them a Hefty bag.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

My favorite line is "But you HAVE to have a bag for this..."

And Garden Center customers are stupid in general, including the ones who go shopping and don't have a car to drive their crap home in. Think things through, ya moron! And no, you can't steal our cart!
            free from the evil clutches of crappy tire

Comment

Working...
            X