Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love hats! I collect hats like some women collect shoes. Ball caps, winter hats, any kind that are "cute" and catches my eye. One can never have enough hats.

However, because I'm feeling fat this week, youn CAN HAVE too many pants.
    And you're welcome (in regards to my avatar).

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
      ( Bit of a slow week with you and your silly pilgrim hats. -.- )
      But the buckles make them so pimpish...
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth CalyCoRose
        I love hats! I collect hats like some women collect shoes. Ball caps, winter hats, any kind that are "cute" and catches my eye. One can never have enough hats.

However, because I'm feeling fat this week, youn CAN HAVE too many pants.
        Like this one? ^_^ (I bought a panda one for my friend.)
        Attached Files
        Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
        Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Quoth dragon_wings View Post
          DW what??? You didn't also buy the monkey one and the kitten one??? Your store obviously has some ordering issues, cause we had them ALL!

Comment

Quoth Midnight_Angel View Post

Just what sort of colour is purplel?
            My nephew's favourite colour! He also likes "plapurlers" (caterpillars).

(He's 2 1/2 and as cute as a bug's ear, and I am a helplessly smitten Auntie )

Comment

Quoth dragon_wings View Post
              I have a ladybug hat like that! I may have to break it out for the ski trip tomorrow.

(My work is sending me out skiing!! I love MEC. Who else would do staff training outside??! We don't get paid for the day, obviously, but we get free use of the equipment and they are renting a van for us to go out. It's Alpine Touring skiing, so no lift costs or anything like that. I am so excited! Have not been on skis in literally 20 years... the hat may distract everyone from my flailing, I hope... )

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
                Literal

Me: “And the item number please, ma’am?”
                SC: “31.”

31? That seems to be just a tad too short. At least 3 numbers too short. Are you sure you’re reading the right number in the catalog? I’m referring to the little number code by every item in the catalog. Kind of hard to miss. Unless…..wait, did you count every item in the catalog and are tragically misunderstanding the question? Is that the 31st item in the catalog? That’s….kind of impressive. Horribly misguided, but impressive.
                "PAGE 31... ALL... ME WANTY!!!"
                "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

OK, I admit I *started* to wish a Canadian customer a Happy Thanksgiving a few days before...but in my defense I was not on the screen that shows the full address so I didn't see the "ON" for Ontario until it was just a little too late. So I just laughed and apologized -- figures it was the first person I remembered to send good holiday wishes to! (And I do know quite well that Canada's Thanksgiving is on a Monday in October, as one of my best friends is in Winnipeg.)
                  "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post

Anyone else see the irony in this? A charity dedicated to getting donated clothing to those who need it but can't afford it using video surveillance to deter and/or catch anyone who steals clothing from that bin. Now, call me crazy, but chances are good that most people stealing clothing from a clothing donation bin would be doing so because they need it but can't afford it. Basically, the organization is threatening people who don't want to wait.
                    Actually, I could see them doing it as a vandalism prevention mechanism. Not so much to prevent people stealing, but to discourage/identify people who may use it as a toilet, or otherwise vandalize the proper donations.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                      Oh, stop. Everyone knows that Canada is the 51st State!
                      No, it's the 52nd. The 51st is Tijuana.

...what?
                      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I had to call the US Consulate General the other day and one of the pre-recorded phone options was for US citizens arrested in Canada. Made me think of you

Quoth Buglady View Post
                        I have a ladybug hat like that! I may have to break it out for the ski trip tomorrow.

(My work is sending me out skiing!! I love MEC. Who else would do staff training outside??! We don't get paid for the day, obviously, but we get free use of the equipment and they are renting a van for us to go out. It's Alpine Touring skiing, so no lift costs or anything like that. I am so excited! Have not been on skis in literally 20 years... the hat may distract everyone from my flailing, I hope... )
                        You work at MEC?! Nice! I love that store!
                        -"One ring to rule them all!"-Elias
                        -Ask yourself, "WWRKHTSCCJ:TMD?"

Comment

Oh, stop. Everyone knows that Canada is the 51st State!
                          Well, to be honest, I live so close to Canada that we used to go over there all the time as kids (my aunt & uncle had a summer cottage there), so I was probably 13 before it really registered that Canada was a different country. I mean I always knew it, but it never felt like it because we were there so much. That was before they made you get a special enhanced DL or bring a passport , although you still had customs officers asking where you were born, etc.
                          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                            No, it's the 52nd. The 51st is Tijuana.

...what?
                            No, Tijuana is NOT the 51st State. It's a city, for one thing (though only barely), and while Mexico could qualify (along with Canada and the UK) as additional states to this country, Tijuana? No.

Let me rephrase that....HELL no.

And this coming from a guy who once found himself in Tijuana at the ripe old age of 21 with not one, not two, but THREE drinks in my hands.

It was an interesting night, to say the least.

And no, the details are never being released. EVER. (But I will say that I did not find, nor attend, the fabled Donkey Show.)

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                            Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                              And no, the details are never being released.
                              "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                                Now, call me crazy, but chances are good that most people stealing clothing from a clothing donation bin would be doing so because they need it but can't afford it. Basically, the organization is threatening people who don't want to wait.
                                We have an eyeglasses donation box in our outer lobby. We've actually had, on more than on occasion, someone come in and go through the glasses, trying each pair on until they found one that worked for them, then put the rest back. One time, a CW actually complained about it. I said, "So what? That's what they're there for!"
                                "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                                -Mira Furlan

Comment

Working...
                                X