This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. A$$O and family

Well this is the time of year that really SUCKS the BIG ONE!! Last year at the time I was working the self checkouts at my store, and there was this man and his family that was checking through the self checkouts. Well, their order was huge, and they used a credit card, alot of Christmas gifts, so it came to over $200 and when that happens we have to check their ID to make sure that they are the person who is using the credit card. This is what happened, I went to check his ID, and he started cussing me out saying that he was humilated, he never was asked for his ID before. blah, blah, blah, yadda, yadda, yadda. All I could do was explain that I was just doing my job and I needed to make sure that he was the one on the credit card. He kept on and on. Finished his purchase. By that time I was helping another customer and apologized for like the upteenth time to the man. When he walked off he was still fussing and carrying on, I raised my head and smiled and said, MERRY CHRISTMAS!!. They all walked off and gave me a dirty look as they were walking....lol....I felt good about myself after that.....because they didn't get the best of me!!

Howdy! And welcome to CS!

Enjoyed your story. Bet you have a lot of them!

Comment

That they didn't get the best of you is easier said than done. Being a cashier & dealing with people who scream at you for the stupidest of things can wear down a person really quick. I was a cashier at Wal-Mart & it got really old in a hurry to have to deal with mean people every damn day!

Comment

Geez, why do people get so upset over what strangers might be thinking of them? Chances are they don't even notice you exist...or don't care. Welcome to , WMassociateMM
        "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

I don't get why people get so bent out of shape about being asked for ID for a check or credit purchase. Speaking for myself, I WANT some asshole that's stolen my wallet to get denied when he gets asked for ID.

Comment

I totally agree.

Someone close to me is currently involved in a big scam that involves identity theft. Knowing what I know now? I can't believe the credit card companies don't require id with cc use.

I totally want them to check my ID! I wish my card had my picture right on it!

Comment

Personally, I would rather someone checked. I'm sure they would be the first person to start screaming if someone used their card fraudulantly.

Why do people always want to learn the hard way?

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                I totally agree.

Someone close to me is currently involved in a big scam that involves identity theft. Knowing what I know now? I can't believe the credit card companies don't require id with cc use.

I totally want them to check my ID! I wish my card had my picture right on it!
                I'm with you on that. Wish my debit card had my mug on it, but it doesn't. Stagecoach, unlike some banks, don't have the customer's pic on their debit cards.
                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                X