Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Utterly disgusting, no compassion, (LONG, sorry)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am enraged...and had I been there I might have ended up in jail for punching those cretins out. There is no other pain in the world like losing a child...and I know people don't get it unless it's happened to them but most people have at least a modicum of empathy for other people. Obviously not the case with these assholes.

Excuse me, I have to go start my Pregnancy and Infant Loss support group chat in a few minutes... My deepest condolences to your coworker on the loss of her precious daughter... and once again I will share a link to what is IMO the best grief support group out there for child/grandchild/sibling loss...The Compassionate Friends.
    "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

I'm so sorry for your co-workers's loss.

I have lost my Grandmother and my Aunt and I still went in to work the next day. No one expected me to, and encouraged me to take all the time I needed. But I was grateful for the distraction. I sure didn't need to sit at home and be miserable.

Those bitches should be shot.
      Dammit !! ~ Jack Bauer

Comment

What a bunch of callous bitches. Hopefully karma will catch up with them. give my condolences to your co-worker, losing a loved one really sucks.

Comment

I think you should have been allowed to kick them out of the store and ban them. I know that will never happen, but we can imagine it, can't we?
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I think everyone in this forum can say that those SCs need to be backed over slowly by a steamroller. With spikes on it. And poison. Painful poison.

To your co-worker, may her child rest in peace in wherever she believed in. She's gone to a much better world. My condolences.
            Go for the eyes!

Comment

My condolences on your CW's loss.

No parent should ever lose their child. I'm afraid that you showed more restraint than I could've. I literally would've gone ballistic on their EW asses.

There's a great shop I go to buy games in. Little independent retailer, family business. A new game that I looked forward to immensely was due out on the Friday, went down there and it was closed. I saw a sign that said "due to a death in the family, we will be closed today."

Forgot all about the game and left. Went back on Monday, was open again, picked up my game and told him how sorry I was for his loss. He seemed a little surprised, but in a nice way. Apparently, lots of SCs had left messages on his answerphone demanding he open his shop, because his opening hours stated on the door were a "legally binding contract" and that he should "man up and open up."

The man's wife had miscarried at around 18 weeks and he was devastated. Disgust doesn't even begin to cover how angry I felt.
              There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.

Comment

Deepest condolences to your coworker.

SC2 deserves a nice curb-stomping from karma. Not requesting it or even wishing it. Just saying she deserves it for that kind of behavior and callous disregard for others.
                PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth ackmeow View Post
                  I think everyone in this forum can say that those SCs need to be backed over slowly by a steamroller. With spikes on it. And poison. Painful poison.
                  Is it bad that this made me think of the end of 'Who framed Roger Rabbit?'

Hugs and hot chocolate for your CW. I know how hard it can be to work when you are grieving, even when it is a friends loss.
                  A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Comment

I gotta admit, had that been me, my brain to mouth filter would probably have given out on SC2...
                    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

I think at the first shot I would have called the store manager, explained the 2 SC's and ask that they be "nicely removed".
                      Or told them myself to get out, explain on paper, close shop and go home.
                      In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
                      She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Quoth Merriweather View Post
                        I honestly have to believe that some people simply are missing something in their brain that the rest of us have, that somehow keeps them from feeling any empathy for others - I try to believe that because to believe that a person would choose to be that way scares me way too much.
                        I believe I'm missing a part of my brain that controls social instincts. (especially the ability to read others' emotions). So I think it's quite possible for there to be a part of the brain/mind that controls empathy.
                        (Fortunately once I figure out that someone's upset, I have the empathy. I shudder to think what I'd be like if I didn't have that.)

Quoth orcprincess View Post
                        Thanks everyone! We are giving her all the time she needs...luckily, she never had to hear these beasts and the things they said.
                        She may want to come back in to work before you all feel she's ready. I'd recommend letting her, but giving her (as much as possible in a small shop) non customer-facing duties.

And I'm SO glad she didn't have to hear the #&*^#$s.
                        Seshat's self-help guide:
                        1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                        2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                        3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                        4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Working...
                        X