This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whore

Got my first yelling customer today! Amazing considering I've been working in the call centre for going on three months.

Me-Me!
    AH-Asshole

MeThank you for call Annoying Telephone Telecompany. My name is Red. Are you calling about such and such number.
    AH: *mumble*
    Me: Can I have your name please.
    AH: Blah
    Me: Thank you for that. To verify your account may I have the last four of your SSN.
    AH: *mumble*
    Me: Sorry, could you repeat that.
    AH: That's personal.
    Me: Well sir, to get into the account I need that information.
    AH: That's invading my privacy.
    Me: I can get into the account unverified but if the device needs to be replaced I won't be able to do that for you.
    AH: That's fucking bullshit you bitch.
    Me: Sir, I'll have to ask you not to speak to me in that manner. I've been nothing but respectful to you.
    AH: I'll just hang up and get someone else who will.
    Me: Sir, another agent will tell you the same thing.
    AH: Fucking whore! *click*

I bet he french kisses his mother with that mouth.
    Honey and Thorns ~ Handmade Knit and Jewelry

Personal my ass.. it wasnt his account.

Comment

Probably not. I left about a half hour later and didn't have time to see if I could do any follow up on the account to see what else happened.

Comment

A little too protective about their privacy. To give information to a shady company you never heard of or to a total stranger that's one thing. But a major phone company such as yours is a legitimate business and she need not worry about them asking for their SSN. Especially since she initiated the call and knows Annoying Telephone Telecompany is on the up and up.

Comment

and considering Brojjek already has that information on the screen and just needs it verified....
          Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

and is not asking for the whole SSN, just the last 4 digits.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
              and is not asking for the whole SSN, just the last 4 digits.
              That's what I was about to say, too. He's making the call, so he's in control, and if the phone company already has the SSN and just wants to verify the last 4 digits (which is very common) why should that be a problem? What a jerk.
              "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
                and considering Brojjek already has that information on the screen and just needs it verified....
                exactly. how is it "personal" if the company already has the information?
                unless... the caller is a jerk (which is possible) ... or they're not really the account holder

Comment

Really, it would be either one. I know at my other call centre job many older (60+) would argue giving the last four of the SSN because it used to be drilled into people's heads never to give that information out. This guy was just being an arse. He didn't sound much older than me and his entire tone was one of confrontation.

Comment

I know, I thought I would be lectured but when I had someone at ATT refuse to give that, I actually told them: I do see your entire number here and name and address and even mother maiden name, i NEED those last 4 to only verify its you.
                    Crono: sounds like the machine update became a clusterf*ck..
                    pedersen: No. A clusterf*ck involves at least one pleasurable thing (the orgasm at the end).

Comment

Working...
                    X