X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anoying things this weekend

The appliance section

We had a washer and dryer sale this weekned. One set was so dirt cheep that we sold over 120 units. Here is the kicker. We do not have any washer and dryers in stock. They are shiped here on a truck and it takes about a week at most 10 days. You can pick up, or we will deliver baised on how far you are away, $50-70 on average.

SC: What do you mean I cant get it today.

SC: You cant do that, its illgeal

SC: Oh so the old bait and swich. What units do you have in stock.

SC: I will take my busness elsewhere, not get me that dryer now.

SC: I only want the dryer! What do you mean I can not get the set.

We managed to sell out of all the units at our depot. So we could not sell any more for the sale. Might be months before we get anymore, if they even send us more.

Now here is the trick. The floor samples are not functoning units. They have all the visable parts. But no moters, pumps coils or even computers. They look like the real deal. But they are empty on the inside.

After about 5pm saturday when we sould out people kept asking if they could by the units.

SC: I WANT THE FLOOR SAMPLE, SELL IT TO ME
    ME: There not for sale, they are demo only they dont work.
    SC: I D O N O T B E L I V E Y O U S E L L I T T O M E Y O U L A Z Z Y B U M B
    ME *Picks up the unit and holds it up, and shows her the back where there are no wires tubes or controlls. Only weighs about 30 pounds as well.* SEEEEE NOTHINGGGGGG
    SC: Oh, How about that one
    SC:

I hated those kinds of sales. We used to get that at Circuit City all the time. The ad was clearly marked "While Supplies Last" or "Limited Quantity Available," and people would come in on the last day of the ad and be upset the products were either on order or wouldn't come back at all.

My favorite was "That's false advertising!"

Then I could pull an ad out of my pocket and show them the clearly marked disclaimer. Of course, it could be printed with font the size of a buick and they'd complain that it was "hidden" or misleading. Or they'd say the ad in their paper didn't have that and we must have printed a different copy. Strange how they never came back to rub my face in their copy of the ad
    "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Working...
    X