This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In which I ruined Christmas

So apparently I've ruined Christmas for not one, but THREE people.
    I work for "Anthracite's" a place the urban dictionary defines as the "place where employee's souls go to die." I used to be a salesperson, now i work with the ads and signage. My primary job is to scan merchandise, and verify the signs match the price.
    We have ...every few days, a sale called "Power Hours." This sale runs from 1 o clock on a friday, to 1 o clock on a saturday. usually around 7 at night on saturday, we have a time that comes in a changes prices, and a team to come in at 1, to remove the power hour signs. Around 9 at night, this lovely lady comes barging up to me. The exchange was as follows.

SCL (Sucky Customer Lady) "HEY YOU! DVD PLAYER!"
    ME: " I beg your pardon?"
    SCL: *Waves box at me* " I SAID DVD PLAYER! ARE YOU STUPID OR SOMETHING?"
    ME: "Are you looking for a dvd player?"
    SCL: No DUH. I have one. you have the wrong price you crook. *Holds up ad for power hour that clearly states the sale ended 9 hours ago. also, the dvd player she has is NOT the one that was advertised!*
    SCL: You have to give me it for this price.
    Me: I'm very sorry ma'am, but that sale ended at 1, also, its for a completely different item."
    SCL: So i can't have it for this price? (insert cat butt face)
    Me: I'm afraid not.
    SCL: F**K YOU! YOU RUINED CHRISTMAS!!! *Stomps off.*
    I will add that at that moment, the music changed to John Lennon's "Happy Christmas" I felt that it was fitting.

That same night, i had a lady who wanted to buy a 20 piece bedding set. the pieces are NEVER sold separate. she had 5 ten dollar off coupons that were not combinable.

SC: "Hey, can I get 50 bucks off if i use buy this and use my coupons?" *Shows coupons*
    ME: I'm sorry, but we can't combine those coupons* POints out fine print*
    SC: Can you like...break up the bed set and sell me five different purchases?"
    Me: No, the pieces are not priced or sold separately.
    SC." So i can't use my coupons together on it?"
    ME....No.
    SC" ELEVENTY!! GARBLE! GRAR! YOU RUINED CHRISTMAS! I HOPE YOU ARE HAPPY!

really? RUINED it? wow.

third customer was around 11 pm. she randomly walked up to me and raged. i was confused.
    SC: I HATE THIS STORE! THIS STORE HATES PEOPLE WHO SHOP LATE!
    Me: Ma'am, ....we're open till midnight.
    SC: BUT THE POWER HOUR ENDED AT 1!
    Me: but it went late last night....
    SC: I WASN"T HERE LAST NIGHT! THIS IS BULLSH**" YOU RUINED MY CHRISTMAS
    ME: Uh....

ay yi yi.

Good job at ruining Christmas for those people.
    "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

aw. thanks

Comment

I don't... what?
        "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

If you ruined the Christmases of those tools, then you are definitely doing something right!

Comment

I saw the thread title and wondered who was lucky enough to have ruined Christmas today!

Quoth iloveasunflower13 View Post
            That same night, i had a lady who wanted to buy a 20 piece bedding set. the pieces are NEVER sold separate.
            I have to ask, what is in a 20 piece bedding set? I used to work in homelines in a department store and the most we had were 4 pieces (2 shams, comforter, bed skirt).
            It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

I knew the stories would be bad, but I didn't think they would be THAT bad... Good grief, those people need help.

Quoth Pagan View Post
              I have to ask, what is in a 20 piece bedding set? I used to work in homelines in a department store and the most we had were 4 pieces (2 shams, comforter, bed skirt).
              Lots and lots of pillows? Lol.
              Probably those bed-in-a-bag things. Comforter, skirt, 2 shams, loose sheet, fitted sheet, 2 pillowcases. Some doubled up like 2 kinds of sheets, blah blah. And then lots and lots of pillows. way too much trouble for someone like me.

Comment

Ruining Christmas's in one go? I am in AWE

Good job

Comment

You didn't ruin Christmas for these people. They ruined it for themselves. Especially with their attitudes and screaming swear words in public.

I guess that is what Christmas is all about, right? Materialistic morons that rant and curse and scream. Jesus would weep if he saw how people treated others on a holiday based around his birthday today. Can't wait until this particular holiday is over! 12 more days!!!

Comment

You said it, downforit. The irony is great. Also, "ARE YOU STUPID OR SOMETHING?" ?? No, I just don't answer to the name DVD player.
                    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth downforit2008 View Post
                      You didn't ruin Christmas for these people. They ruined it for themselves. Especially with their attitudes and screaming swear words in public.
                      Agreed. I've never seen of a Christmas ruined by a gift or non-gift...by brawling relatives but not over a gift.
                      Quoth downforit2008 View Post
                      Jesus would weep if he saw how people treated others on a holiday based around his birthday today. Can't wait until this particular holiday is over! 12 more days!!!
                      No doubt in my mind.

Back to the OP:Way to go.Ruining three SC's holiday in one shift. I'm impressed.
                      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                        *snip* Ruining three SC's holiday in one shift. I'm impressed.
                        Dang, you got there ahead of me. Way to go, iloveasunflower!!

Comment

I'm jealous, I miss ruining douchebag SC's Christmas's. At least I can come here and read about others ruining them though, lol.
                          Good job!

Comment

Wow, you were a triple winner!

People like that (and co-workers, and managers...) are why my sister left that same company.
                            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

We should make this into a contest and see how many occurrences of "YOU RUINED CHRISTMAS!!!" get tallied up. C'mon people, let's set those goals high this year! Whenever someone tells you that, you can smile knowing that's one more tally that gets added to this list when you get home and post about it. Of course, don't go out of your way to encourage SCs to say it, as they have to proclaim it on their own.

Comment

Working...
                              X