Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brava! I never get to ruin Christmases at the C-Store. Darn. I'm kinda jealous! Way to go!
    "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

I thought most C-Store workers tended to get the "Ruined Christmases" from the Last minute shoppers shopping at 11:59PM Christmas Eve and asking why you don't have Current_Fad_Toy, just before you close for Christmas?

To the OP, nice job ruining 3 Christmases in a row.

Comment

The correct response to "YOU RUINED CHRISTMAS! BLARGLE!" is to pull out a small notepad, make a tally mark and mumble something about catching up to Jane in Housewares, and you'll win the store prize yet.

Comment

Haha no Jetfire...we close at 6 on Christmas Eve. Too early for ruined Christmases. Only way we could ruin a Christmas at my C-Store would be if we refused to open the kitchen on Christmas day/nght, since everyone and their brother, sister, cousin and extended families orders pizzas from us that night!

reimaro, you are right on. Love it!
          "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
            I have to ask, what is in a 20 piece bedding set? I used to work in homelines in a department store and the most we had were 4 pieces (2 shams, comforter, bed skirt).
            I was trying to figure that out too. Flat sheet, fitted sheet, 2 pillowcases, 2 shams, comforter, bedskirt ... and I'm only up to 8 here so that's a lot of throw pillows. The set I have has 4 shams and 3 throw pillows, that's still only 13.

Comment

I really can't wait till I ruin someones Christmas. It hasn't happened yet,but from reading all these "ruin Christmas" posts, I can see it'll be worth the wait.

Comment

Quoth BrenDAnn View Post
                Brava! I never get to ruin Christmases at the C-Store. Darn. I'm kinda jealous! Way to go!
                Yeah, I know...since our refund lender was effectively ousted from the business by regulators, our mega-tax chain can't ruin Christmas any more.
                We have to wait 'til later in the winter & spring to ruin Valentine's, birthdays, anniversaries and Easter.
                I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth manybellsdown View Post
                  I was trying to figure that out too. Flat sheet, fitted sheet, 2 pillowcases, 2 shams, comforter, bedskirt ... and I'm only up to 8 here so that's a lot of throw pillows. The set I have has 4 shams and 3 throw pillows, that's still only 13.

all of the above, with 6 pillows and a duvet. AND IT CAN BE YOURS FOR ONLY $289!!!!

Comment

Quoth manybellsdown View Post
                    ... that's still only 13.
                    Bedbug nuclear family of 7?
                    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I've never had someone accuse me of ruining their XMAS...If only ^_^

Maybe keep a little mini-notebook in your pocket...Next time someone says that you ruined their XMAS, whip out the notebook and note down the date and time of your accomplishment.
                      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth emax4 View Post
                        We should make this into a contest and see how many occurrences of "YOU RUINED CHRISTMAS!!!" get tallied up. C'mon people, let's set those goals high this year! Whenever someone tells you that, you can smile knowing that's one more tally that gets added to this list when you get home and post about it. Of course, don't go out of your way to encourage SCs to say it, as they have to proclaim it on their own.
                        I ruined someones christmas yesterday, and I am not even employed

We were at BJ's and I grabbed the last one of these on the shelf, and got some dumb bitch screaming at her for ruining her christmas ...

As if they don't have palletloads of them up top.
                        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

If any Mods are reading this thread, can we please have an official "I RUINED CHRISTMAS 20xx!" badge for people to put in their sig? This would truly be a mark of pride and distinction for legions of Grinch-y CS members everywhere. Maybe even official buttons!, t-shirts!, stickers!, decals! the possibilities are endless!

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post

We were at BJ's and I grabbed the last one of these on the shelf, and got some dumb bitch screaming at her for ruining her christmas ...
                            That looks too yummy! Now I want one and I feel that I don't get one of those, MY Christmas will be ruined! Curse you AccountingDrone! You shall rue this day!

Comment

At our store we ruin just about everything you can imagine...holidays, weddings, births, events, lives...take your pick. Because the stuff we sell is ESSENTIAL to life on this planet.
                              "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post

As if they don't have palletloads of them up top.
                                Oooh! The little sleigh! So CUTE!

Comment

Working...
                                X