X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scammers, idiots, and crazies

The room isn't good enough...unless it's free

Other MOD took this call this morning. I could only hear half, but I could tell whoever was on the other end was a total douchebag. Other MOD filled me in on the details.

SC calls and wants Boss Man. Other MOD says she's an MOD and she can help him. SC insists on Boss Man. So Other MOD puts him on hold to call Boss Man, who is technically off today.

Whilst on the phone with Boss Man (who is apparently deathly ill...I can hear him coughing in his apartment through the office walls), SC hangs up and calls right back. Other MOD gets off the phone with Boss Man and tells SC that she'll transfer him.

SC hangs up again and calls right back, and starts yelling at Other MOD for putting him on hold. Other MOD apologized for the misunderstanding and said she wasn't putting him on phone, that she was transferring him. She explained that it was technically Boss Man's day off and he wasn't in the office (though if he was, she'd still transfer it to his desk), but he said he would take the call. She then transferred the call.

Apparently, SC's whole complaint was that his room is too noisy (he's on the highway side of the building). He wanted a free night because he couldn't sleep. Boss Man ripped into him a bit, asking why he didn't want to talk to Other MOD and why he was being bothered when he was sick and tired and it was his day off. SC said he didn't realize Other MOD had the ability; Boss Man reiterated that Other MOD had stated she was an MOD and that he was going to transfer SC back to her.

Other MOD takes the call from SC. She gives SC several options over where we can move him to a quieter location. SC hems and haws and says he'll turn on the bathroom fan to see if it can drown out the noise. He says he might be staying "one or two more nights". He eventually decided to stay in his room. Apparently, the freeway noise doesn't bother him as long as the room is free.

Idiot

SC calls and tells Other MOD she saw us advertising rooms on Craigslist for $23 a night. I laugh and say no way, we don't advertise on Craigslist, and we certainly wouldn't advertise that rate. Other MOD goes back to the SC on the phone. Other MOD then says she's going to transfer SC to me. I take the call.

Me: *spiel*
    SC: "Yeah, it says on Craigslist that you advertise rooms starting at $23 for a night, and some at $35, and some at..."
    Me: "We don't advertise on Craigslist, ever. That's not our ad."
    SC: "Well, it says it's you guys."
    Me: "Unfortunately it seems someone else must have fraudulently posted that ad. We did not put that up there. Our rooms start at $50 a night."
    SC: "Well, you'd better check your Craigslist then!" *click*

I checked the local CL, and I did find the ad...for the sh**hole up the street. And it's only $23/day at their monthly rate, which typically require you to pay the full month upfront ($690). Their night-by-night rate is $45. Methinks someone needs to pay closer attention to what she reads online...

Sighting: The crazies

Corporate Guest Relations has begun adding their own horror stories from the call center to the weekly newsletters. This week's story is pretty good.

Guest thought they saw a "peeping tom" through the shower head. So they sprayed the shower head with pepper spray. The spray bounced back into their eyes, and they called Corporate demanding compensation.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
    Guest thought they saw a "peeping tom" through the shower head. So they sprayed the shower head with pepper spray. The spray bounced back into their eyes, and they called Corporate demanding compensation.

<--I actually looked like this for a while. My roommates think I'm weird now.
    If there’s one thing women love, it’s the guy that just can’t seem to find the line that divides “Ha Ha” and “Stacey, get your purse, we’re leaving before he comes back.”.

--Gravekeeper

Comment

Corporate Guest Relations has begun adding their own horror stories from the call center to the weekly newsletters. This week's story is pretty good.

You know you have a marginally cool corporate office when they publish SC stories in the company newsletter. Most soulless corporations would only publish stories to illustrate some grey area in customer service, and which always ends in caving in like a jellyfish run over by a steamroller.

Comment

Quoth sirwired View Post
        You know you have a marginally cool corporate office when they publish SC stories in the company newsletter. Most soulless corporations would only publish stories to illustrate some grey area in customer service, and which always ends in caving in like a jellyfish run over by a steamroller.
        Yeah, no kidding. I'd love to have been able to hear some of the stupidest calls where I've worked.
        Fiancee: We're going to need to do laundry. I'm out of clean pants.
        Me: Sounds like a job for Gravekeeper!
        Fiancee: What?!
        Me: Nevermind.

Comment

Sure they did . . . it was Tom Thumb
          They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

This should be in the encyclopedia an an example of "butt stupid."
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

[B]Guest thought they saw a "peeping tom" through the shower head. So they sprayed the shower head with pepper spray. The spray bounced back into their eyes, and they called Corporate demanding compensation.
              So...this person "saw" a person looking at them through holes that are very tiny in a device that has all sorts of vision obscuring stuff in it that is connected to a pipe that is bent (further obscuring vision).

And that in response to this peeping tom they nailed the shower head with pepper spray and when it rebounded back into their eyes...they demanded corporate compensate them for what is clearly their own paranoia and/or stupidity?

My brain just hurled itself out of my left ear and is now running around in circles and yelping like a puppy dog that got its tail caught under the runners of Granny's rocking chair.
              I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Well Mongo your brain seems to be doing better than the SC's brain...if he/she has one. Really? bhskittykatt, you should start a show filming at the hotel called "Stupid Hotel SC Tricks"! It'd be a hit!
                "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

I wonder if that shower head had a bright, miror-like finish, and the SC saw their own reflection, distorted by the curvature of the shower head?
                  "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                    I wonder if that shower head had a bright, miror-like finish, and the SC saw their own reflection, distorted by the curvature of the shower head?
                    That is what I am thinking happened. My question is who the f%*# keeps pepper spray within arms reach when in the shower!
                    If it makes sense, it's not allowed™. -- BeckySunshine

I've heard of breaking wind but not breaking and entering wind. --- Sheldonrs

My gaming blog:Ghosts from the Black

Comment

A former employer sold video security cameras, back in the day when the smallest camera you could buy was the size of a fruitcake, appropriately enough.

One of our salesmen was called out on a survey (free) and had to remove a wall mounted mirror to prove there wasn't a camera behind it. I kind of doubt the "proof worked, though.

Nutcase thinks: "Oho, you're in on it too! You obviously patched and painted the wall while removing the mirror!"

Now I can get working cameras in doorknobs...
                      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                        Now I can get working cameras in doorknobs...
                        I always wondered why some doorknobs have that little hole in the middle.
                        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
                        X