Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crazy knife lady and BONUS: T-Pain's Towels.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy knife lady and BONUS: T-Pain's Towels.

or: not as interesting as it sounds.

We were crazy busy from 4-8ish today (probably earlier, too, but I only came in at 4) and about 5 or so, a lady calls and asks about knife sets (and coupons, but in such a way I was sure she wanted me to give her a coupon code over the phone). She's looking at one online and the website says we have it. I look and we don't. She is looking for a set with a black block. We have two in stock. One by a company that is pretty low quality all over, and one named after our pet celebrity. She doesn't want the first, as its shite, and doesn't want the second as the recipients are "in law" (whatever the frack that means. Seriously, attorneys, paralegal what?) and the celebrity in question has served time.

Well, she sees a set by Cuisinart with a black block. I check our system. We ain't got none, and I can't order any for her. She says she was here yesterday and we had loads of them (bullshit lady, we haven't carried that type since August.) and demands to see a manager, partly because of the knives, and partly because I had to keep putting her on hold to deal with the lines. She hung up as I was hunting down a manager.

Round about 10, she calls back. Luckily for me, a coworker got her. Coworker tells her everything I told her, and finds a set with a cherrywood block that's pretty dark. Coworker then complains to me about this lady.

11fucking30 I'm running some damages to the back and see someone looking at knives. I ask, and she says she's looking for something, but she doesn't know what (at this point I'm thinking 1. why is this voice familiar, and 2. could you be more passive-aggressive about it) and as I'm coming around the post, it hits me: this is the bitch from earlier! She was (somewhat) nicer in person, although she did badmouth me to me, which was fun. and bought the cherrywood block, but really, she waffled on the knives for 15 minutes before saying ok.

I'm not really giving her credit in this story, but she was pushy and p[assive-aggressive about everything.

Bonus:
    T-Pain's towels are red and beige. His sheets are red, too.

Yeah, T-pain came in to shop. He apparently bought a few grand in furniture and close to two grand on towels and bedding. The people in juniors managed to piss him off.
    What if Humans are just Dire Halflings?

Who is T-pain?

Comment

I never heard of him either so I googled him and his Wiki page says he is "american singer-songwriter, rapper, record producer, and actor".

Comment

Quoth Teefies2 View Post
        Who is T-pain?
        A rapper/hip-hop "artist."

The T-Pain Microphone Toy is but one of several banes of my existence. People are always playing with it but not buying it. So several times a day, I'm subjected to this thing going "♪ Sing like a pro. Yeah yeah yeah. ♪ BOOM!"

Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Teefies2 View Post
          Who is T-pain?
          Who cares?
          If anyone breaks the three pint rule, they'll be running all night to the pisser and back.

Comment

Know thine enemy?

Comment

T-Pain is one of the proponents of "autotune."
              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

So the recipients are unwilling to have anything sully their home that has any connection, at any level, with extralegal or illegal activities?

Wow, talk about purity of the mind ... and possibly a home with not much in it.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                  A rapper/hip-hop "artist."

The T-Pain Microphone Toy is but one of several banes of my existence. People are always playing with it but not buying it. So several times a day, I'm subjected to this thing going "♪ Sing like a pro. Yeah yeah yeah. ♪ BOOM!"

Sounds like there is definitely pain involved.
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

"♪ I remember when T-Pain ain't wanna shop with me... ♪ "
                    Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

This thread was begging for a link:
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKcr5...e_gdata_player

Disclaimer: I don't listen to T-Pain... Anymore.... Don't know if this has swear words but considering its call 'I'm in love with a stripper' I won't be surprised.

*backs away slowly, then runs shuddering*
                      Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                      Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Working...
                      X