This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's not for you to decide, sir....

Here's one I overheard from the call center. Most of my stories now are overheard and not experienced which is soooooo nice. I don't know exactly what he said but the call center rep has a habit of repeating what's said to her so I have a pretty good idea.

CCG: *opening spiel*
    SC: I'd like the number to the terminal.

We have, literally, hundreds of terminals. "The terminal" is a vague description that will get you nothing.

CCG: Ok....what terminal?
    SC: The one near me.

*forehead slap* Why didn't I think of that?! I thought you wanted the terminal farthest away! Silly me. Let me type "you" into the destination to find that terminal!

CCG: .......Ok.....and where are "you" located?
    SC: I'm in Mal-Wart.
    CCG: Which Mal-Wart?
    SC: Can I just have the number?
    CCG: I need to figure out what terminal number to get for you. Are you calling regarding a shipment or calling to place a pick up date?
    SC: I'm placing a pick up date.
    CCG: Ok, well, actually, the terminals can't place pick ups so you would have been tranferred back to me anyway. Can I please get your address/zip code/call-back number?
    SC: *gives info*
    CCG: And how many pallets?
    SC: 1,385.
    CCG: 1,385???!!!
    SC: Yes.
    CCG: One thousand, three hundred and eighty five pallets!
    SC: Yes. And I'll need 3 14' trucks to come once daily for 2 weeks.
    CCG: So you need 3 trucks for 14 days to come pick up 1,385 pallets.
    SC: Yes. Just give me the number to the terminal and I'll tell them what to do. I don't need to talk to you.
    CCG: Actually, the terminal manager can't do anything regarding pickups as he has no idea how many trucks are leaving each day. I have to contact so-and-so to soo if we'll even have that many trucks free with it being so close to the holidays considering we're closed then.

Cue SC becoming increasingly upset because he needs this freight moved before New Years andwhy can't she just do what he says. She explains we have a high volume of pickups because of the holidays and we may not have that many trucks to dedicate soully to moving his freight. Eventually he caves and lets the rep do her job.
    Last edited by Kisa; 12-20-2011, 05:09 PM.
    Answers: $1
    Correct Answers: $2
    Answers that require thought: $5
    Dumb looks are still free.

Wow, what a poor company it is that can't just magick trucks out of thin air for people like this ...

Comment

Why the hell don't these people ever think ahead and plan ahead for massive shipments like this?!

:glances up at site header: Oh, right, of course.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
        Why the hell don't these people ever think ahead and plan ahead for massive shipments like this?!

:glances up at site header: Oh, right, of course.
        My companies clients...

Kisa, I really am beginning to think you're stuck working for one of our clients. It's either that or this kind of thinking is so endemic in the the trucking world that it's gone from brain fart past stereotype to genetic.
        "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

What in the world was tha tpeson shipping that required so many trucks and in such a short space of time?

A thousand tonnes of pineapples? Needing to be moved before they rot?

I just can't understand sucha big job needng to be done so fast.

Comment

If this is Mal-Wart, it may be merchandise transferred to the DC on consignment and it didn't sell. The company that made the stuff needs to outright sell it to somebody before the end of the year to make revenue/profit/inventory numbers.

Comment

Quoth sirwired View Post
              If this is Mal-Wart, it may be merchandise transferred to the DC on consignment and it didn't sell. The company that made the stuff needs to outright sell it to somebody before the end of the year to make revenue/profit/inventory numbers.
              That was my guess. They put it off again and again until, "HOLY CRAP IT'S ALMOST JANUARY", and decided to try the end-around on us to trick us into shipping all his crap NOW.

Comment

There's McNamara Terminal....

Comment

"Sir. SIR. I'm sorry, we cannot guarantee that this freight SHIT will be transported to LA LA LAND by Jan 1 2012"
                  "why not, you're being RUDE"
                  "Sir. We have a fleet of 1000 trucks that are already dispersed cross country. We cannot pull box trucks out of our ass. We will call you back tomorrow with a proposed plan."
                  "But but but NAO"
                  "Sir, what did I say about pulling trucks out of ass? That's not possible. When you find a person who can shit a semi, contact us and we can work something out. We will call you tomorrow."
                  "oh, ok"
                  *hang up*

What the fucking fuck?
                  In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
                  She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

I must be the only person thinking that with this high number it's a prank caller.
                    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

CCG was able to pull up an order history so that store has done business with us before. Not a prank, I'm sure of it

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                        I must be the only person thinking that with this high number it's a prank caller.
                        Possible, but I've seen large orders like this. Of course, most of the time they try to give some warning...
                        "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Methinks it's time to pull out the old fee schedule and tell this client how much extra she's gonna have to pay...up front, if possible...for the last-minute scheduling magic that this will require, if it can even be done per her schedule.
                          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                          X