Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toolbelt: check. Gauges: check. Keys: check. Pepper spray: ...aw, crap.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toolbelt: check. Gauges: check. Keys: check. Pepper spray: ...aw, crap.

This one comes courtesy of one of my fellow snarky fucks techies.

One of our customers had called in because her technician hadn't arrived, apparently. During the call before that one, it was determined that her connection wasn't coming up through the usual 'unplug it, plug it back in' method, so she'd need a tech to come by to check the connections and the wiring. She accepted the possibility of charges (there aren't any if it's an outside issue, and 'outside' is any point between the service box on the side of the house and the rest of the world) with the understanding that someone over 18 had to be at the house. Once my coworker had looked up the status of the ticket, thinking that the tech might have just been running late or the ticket itself was still waiting for assignment, she checked on the status of it and was amazed at what she found.

The ticket had been put into a delayed status because, and there's way too many questions I'm afraid to ask about this, the member's 15-year-old daughter had answered the door in lingerie and started smelling the tech. I don't mean just 'oh, you smell nice' smelling the tech, I mean 'hey, a new dog in the neighborhood, let's see what his diet's like' sniffing. Take a moment to recover from the 'okay, wait, whatthefuck' reaction if you need to. The fact that she was apparenly the only one there (which puts the delay on the ticket to begin with) wasn't what caught her off-guard, it's what she did.

I don't know how the rest of the story went because my coworker's break had just finished, but what kind of house did that member live in? If that was the only person there, the only thing I can think of as far as the rest of the household goes seems to fall into the category of 'Rejected Character Designs for the Rocky Horror Picture Show'.
    My other car is a Mackinaw.

Note to self: Quit using dog brains for transplants.
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Just....ew.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

0_0

oooookay. I wonder what she was trying to accomplish.
        Go for the eyes!

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
          Note to self: Quit using dog brains for transplants.
          "Day 19 of the cross-species cerebral transplant experiments: Saffron, a 7-year-old golden Lab mix, seems to be doing well, but she seems to be more fixated on shows on the Lifetime Network. Tyler, a 15-year-old human girl, has successfully learned 'roll over' and 'gimme paw,' but still has issues with being housebroken. More as this develops.

P.S., To the jerk who's playing Linkin Park during Tyler's lessons, knock that shit off. Saffron and Tyler are both howling and it takes an hour to coax them out from under the table."

Quoth ackmeow View Post
          0_0

oooookay. I wonder what she was trying to accomplish.
          I don't wanna know. If that's her way of telling the technician 'hi, how are ya?', I don't wanna know what her version of 'you're cute' is. See previous housebreaking joke. ._.

Comment

Dood. That's a totally BS story...it's too too too weird to be true! Put that one in the Secret WTF Stories Of The Troops file.
            In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
            She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

My suspicion is said 15 year old was indulging in some party favours while the parental units weren't around :P
              Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
              What's the difference?
              We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

He left immediately, right?
                They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Der Cute View Post
                  Dood. That's a totally BS story...it's too too too weird to be true! Put that one in the Secret WTF Stories Of The Troops file.
                  Being a former appliance repair guy who made house calls?
                  Nope, not BS at all.
                  Could be anything from drugs to she was dared to do it to she's just that twisted that early.
                  Last edited by Redbeard; 12-22-2011, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Quoth rose_metal_nz View Post
                    My suspicion is said 15 year old was indulging in some party favours while the parental units weren't around :P
                    At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if she started feeding an addiction to pants and toques once she gets her own credit card.

Quoth Panacea View Post
                    He left immediately, right?
                    Thank god, yes. Not only for the sake of regulations, because of the whole 'someone over 18 needs to be there' restrictions for more reasons than I wanna think about, but with that kind of mentality, you just know chainsaws are gonna be involved.

Comment

Working...
                    X