X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My brain goes 'splodey!

Here's my situation,

At my work, I've been working the front register night shift, because we're open till midnight this week (before Christmas). You get your normal out-of-it drunk/high/whatever at that time of night. I understand that.

Two ladies, clearly related, come through tonight. The first one is buying cigarettes. She's peering at the price labels underneath the packs. I tell her, don't go by what the labels are, that's the price they're going to be. Okay, I know, corporate shouldn't have made us put the new labels out yet, but meh. She finds her cigarettes, is pleased with the price - since we're the lowest in town, for now.

The other lady, I think her mother, starts going off on me about the price labels. You know how people will go on and on about how the item should ring up for the lower price that was on the shelf label? This lady did that, about a price that was HIGHER on the shelf label than what the cigarettes rang up for!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "You shouldn't have that label there if that's not the price!" eleventy!!!!!!!!!! The cigarette buyer kept saying, no that's what the price is GOING to be, not what it is now, but oh no, 2nd lady has to keep berating me.

I timed it, via the register clock. She went on and on for a total of 5 minutes!!! Thank the deities I didn't have a line! "Well that's just false advertising" etc etc. Finally I get fed up. I say "if you really want the higher price, I can ring them up for you that way".

::cue major backpedaling::: "I don't smoke!!!" (WTF?????) "I'm not trying to be rude" (Really????)

:::sigh::::

Some humans.

*gives you chocolate*
    1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
    -----
    http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Yum chocolate!

Comment

Now you know why I only like cats.
        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

She's right. She's not TRYING to be rude. It comes naturally.
          "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

^This.

I do this with price tickets at work, if it's a higher price, cuz of the assumption that people aren't going to argue about having to pay less than the stated price. Now I know better... *sigh*
            People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
            My DeviantArt.

Comment

The big question is, WHY DID YOU WAIT 5 MINUTES!?!!? BLARGLELEVENTY!!!

Comment

Quoth emax4 View Post
                The big question is, WHY DID YOU WAIT 5 MINUTES!?!!? BLARGLELEVENTY!!!
                There wasn't a line, so maybe it was for the entertainment value, little as it was. Or it may have been the hope that she would have a heart attack in the middle of her rant.
                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Just wrap your head with Duct tape.

It won't stop it from exploding, but it will keep you from losing any of the pieces.
                  "First time I ever seen a chainsaw go down anybody's britches,"

Comment

Quoth Teefies2 View Post
                    "I'm not trying to be rude" (Really????)
                    Well, you're doing a damn fine job of it, Ma'am! I could have sworn you were a professional!
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                      There wasn't a line, so maybe it was for the entertainment value, little as it was. Or it may have been the hope that she would have a heart attack in the middle of her rant.
                      When i read "Entertainment value" I bust a gut. All you needed were wrinkles and a cape, and you could have said to her, "Yes Young Skywalker, Feel the anger FLOW THROUGH you.."

Were you seriously impatient with her and waiting for her to finish her rant, or were you letting her yap on and on while trying to hold back the laughter? I think that would have been so funny had you laughed at her, yet not said anything opposing her viewpoint.

I've known people that get so fired up over the smallest, insignificant details. I have fun with them, make up stories, then play "count the neck veins".

Comment

Quoth RootedPhoenix View Post
                        Some humans customers.

*gives you chocolate*
                        Fixed it for ya

I know we polite humans would never want to be associated with these ragebeasts
                        Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Comment

Quoth emax4 View Post
                          When i read "Entertainment value" I bust a gut. All you needed were wrinkles and a cape, and you could have said to her, "Yes Young Skywalker, Feel the anger FLOW THROUGH you.."

Were you seriously impatient with her and waiting for her to finish her rant, or were you letting her yap on and on while trying to hold back the laughter? I think that would have been so funny had you laughed at her, yet not said anything opposing her viewpoint.

I've known people that get so fired up over the smallest, insignificant details. I have fun with them, make up stories, then play "count the neck veins".
                          And I almost busted a gut reading your reply.
                          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                          X