This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A streak maybe...?????

I get dispatched on a distance delivery. I roll up to the crappy apt building and enter. first off I see the apt I am supposed to deliver to slightly ajar. OK maybe they are waiting for me. I knock

No answer. I wait for 30 seconds and knock again. no answer. OK maybe they are occupied such as taking a dump or calming down the kids, etc.

Following my general rule ie. a couple of door knocks/doorbell rings + no answer = call the customer. I dial the number on the ticket and get voice mail. I leave my standard message about an order bein placed from this number and no one is answering the door. I return to my car and get in. 2 minutes later I get a call from the number. the caller askes who I am.

me - Pizza delivery person.
    her - well I did not order any pizza tonight.
    me - well this is the number I have on the ticket and the address is 123 moron street apt 2
    her - hmmmmmm that is my number but not my address. that sounds like my daughter's address.
    me - <thinking OK what is your daughter doing using your phone number when ordering pizza> well if that is your daughter's address no one is answering the door and the door is open.
    her - let me call my daughter and see what is up

then I hear a tapping on my window. I look and see a woman walking past my car. I roll down my window and she says "I ordered delivery." I bid the mother goodbye and follow the woman into the building. as I enter the building she slams the apt door in my face. I stand there for a second expecting it to re-open and the delivery to take place.

****** time passes*******

I knock on said apt door and no one answers. I wait and knock again. the door opens and the transaction gets completed.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Ooh. That was awful.
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

bitch is lucky she got pizza at all

Comment

I would have knocked only once, she knew you were there already. I guess since you knew she was at home you would get in trouble if you just left.

Comment

Sounds like she was hiding something... Or maybe I'm just paranoid.
          There had to be DUMB in the water today. - Summerfly413

Comment

Quoth AtDIelement View Post
            Sounds like she was hiding something... Or maybe I'm just paranoid.
            When you're in the shower, are you afraid to wash you hair 'cause you might open your eyes and find someone standing there?
            It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
              When you're in the shower, are you afraid to wash you hair 'cause you might open your eyes and find someone standing there?
              I thought I was the only one with an overactive imagination like that!
              Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                Yeah, I always feel like somebody's watching me.
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Nonono, see what it happened is: she HAD to enter the apartment, close the door and have the delivery person knock. And they had to knock twice, because it ALWAYS takes her that long to get to the door. If she doesn't follow the correct pattern, the pizza will taste awful and the world will end. Have you no sympathy, no compassion for her insistence on preserving the world?

(okay I can't keep a straight face any longer)

Comment

Quoth Teskeria View Post
                    If she doesn't follow the correct pattern, the pizza will taste awful and the world will end.
                    That sounds like she was related to Adrian Monk....
                    Last edited by Dave1982; 01-05-2012, 10:13 PM. Reason: please do not quote the entire post
                    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Teskeria View Post
                      ... have the delivery person knock. And they had to knock twice...
                      No no no! It's the postman that always rings twice!
                      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Oooh, I'm gonna play that song right now! (I wonder who's watching me now...the IRS???)

I can't remember what I would have been expected to do (or what I might have done anyway) back in my pizza delivery days if that had happened to me. I don't think I would have waited very long.
                        "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                          NICE!!! Love it.

I always feel like....Somebody's watching meeeeeee....
                          https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                          Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

*knock knock knock* pizza? *knock knock knock* pizza? *knock knock knock* pizza?

Bazinga!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                              Is it wrong if you hope there is and it's Alessandra Ambrosio?

Comment

Working...
                              X