This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for making our job easy.

So a fellow has a burnt out motor he needs repaired. He also has the coupleing stuck to the shaft. So he figures he could do us a favor by removing it himself. So he saws the living crap out of the shaft. I mean, there is maybe a quarter of the shaft left, and the coupling is compleatly destroyed.

The proper way to do it is to heat up the coupling and pull it off. That way you don't destroy a motor. Once the shaft has taken any damage beyond a 1/8 inch cut, it is probly doomed to the scrap heap.

Now it will be a bit more expensive for him, but esier for us. Now we don't need to fix it at all, just buy a new one.
    "Wait... he's alive, but his head's gone..." -Crow

"Thanks for the easy money, stupid shaft man."
    I know I'm laughing but it's really not funny. - Me
    "I was in the hall. I know, because I was there." - Clue

Comment

Guess he got the shaft end of the deal?
      Bears are bad. If an animal is going to be mean it should look so, like sharks and alligators. - Mark Healey

Comment

That's it... this guy needs a theme song.

(To the theme of the old-school Batman live action show)

*Shaft man. da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da Shaft man*

Comment

Quoth ShortTemperHatesStupidity View Post
          *Shaft man. da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da Shaft man*
          Actually, that sounds like a theme somg to a really cheesy "adult" video. Maybe Shaftman, Orgazmo, and Choda Boy can team up to fight crime--it would be like the Justice League of America, except more nudity and no Aquaman.
          I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

So who would their nemesis be?

The evil clitora maybe?

Comment

Quoth ShortTemperHatesStupidity View Post
              So who would their nemesis be?
              I have SOOOO many ideas for that-but not a single one is appropriate for the board in general! All of them do have some pretty awesome costumes, though.
              I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Quoth Spiffy McMoron View Post
                --it would be like the Justice League of America, except more nudity and no Aquaman.
                No, Aquaman would just be SeaMan. (say it out loud, and as one quick word)

/gotta love South Park and all its immature humour.
                my favourite author is neil gaiman. - me
                it is? I don't like potatoes much. - the chatbot I was talking to

Comment

Quoth Miss Maple Leaf View Post
                  No, Aquaman would just be SeaMan. (say it out loud, and as one quick word)

/gotta love South Park and all its immature humour.
                  There was, sadly for her, a woman given the name "Love Seaman."

Check out notwithoutmyhandbag.com, bad baby names, for more horrors.
                  Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                  HR believes the first person in the door
                  Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                  Document everything
                  CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Working...
                  X