Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For us the person would be an architect designing a mall in another state and want us to sell material to him. We'd tell them "Sorry we don't bootleg and here is the number of a distributor in your area. Toddles."
    Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
      I don't know how accurate this is, but when I was in college a psych professor told us that some deaf people (especially those who have been deaf all their lives and only used sign language) have trouble with certain words in English, like articles (the, etc.) because they don't exist in sign language (ie SL is not an "exact translation" of the English words).
      From what I know, this is true of American Sign Language, but not of Signed English. Signed English is used less, but was designed to be similar enough to English to make learning to read easier for deaf people.
      I know of at least 5 different types of Sign Language, and all of them have interesting quirks, just like spoken languages. Signed Thai is apparently very odd because it mimics spoken Thai in having different meaning for the same sign with a different sign added to mean 'tone'. (Thai has five tones, so the same word spoken five different ways means five different things)
      Arsenic is 'natural'. Hemlock is 'organic'.

Comment

Working...
      X