Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Free isn't even good enough for some people now...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free isn't even good enough for some people now...

<bg> Some of you know from other threads that I have been cross-trained at my call center to take calls for another client. I have to be vague about them because they're extremely "hip" right now and even to mention what they sell would probably give it away...so yes, I will be VERY mysterious </bg>

Took a call today from a woman who didn't get what she ordered (supplies). She claimed the website didn't work right and she didn't get the one box of what she REALLY wanted...instead she got a whole bunch of boxes of the other kind instead of the 2 on the order (and she claimed she only wanted one of those, too). So here's a woman with at least 4 free boxes of the stuff already. We couldn't figure out what might have happened, and unfortunately the stuff she didn't get is sold out right now. I am empowered to send up to two free boxes with free shipping - though we like to send a coupon first, figuring (a) they may never use it and (b) they might buy something else while they're online anyway. So I explained the item was out of stock and what I was going to do.

Her response? "You mean, you expect ME to do the work? The onus is now on ME to get my stuff? Just send it to me!" I explained again that I would be happy to if it was in stock (we don't do backorders) but it wasn't, so the coupon would be her best bet and I could also set the system up to send her an alert when the item comes back into stock. Nope. "It's my birthday, and I already have a headache enough, I'm done talking about this...just send it to me."

OK...this is the kind of EW I'm used to dealing with at High End Home Store, but the other client's customers tend to be much more easygoing, especially if they're getting free stuff. This was only my second day taking calls after the training class ended on Tuesday (and I was off Thursday), and I had a woman from the new company helping me...even SHE couldn't believe this woman. So basically, Ms. Birthday Girl SC EW is now just going to have to wait for her other stuff to arrive by itself (which it probably won't, sounds like a shortship), or just go online or call us again and order it herself...idiot. (My guess is she will call back in bitching and we will eventually somehow figure out a way to appease her, or the stuff she wants will come into stock and we can just send it...as long as I don't have to take the call it's fine by me!)

Last edited by BeenThereDoneThat; 01-08-2012, 03:23 AM. Reason: To truly be vague :D
    "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

So wait...she not only gets free stuff (the items that were sent to her in error) but now she wants you to drop everything and send her product that basically doesn't exist right now? That is classic EW behavior.
    Last edited by Dips; 01-09-2012, 08:05 PM. Reason: obfuscate product

Comment

As Fonzie would say...Exactamundo!! At least this is not the norm for this client's customers, as I mentioned. Most have been nice as pie, and patient too (I am still VERY slow at this!)
      "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

So your matter materializer and teleporter are down also? Dang those things never seem to be working when you need them.

Seriously SC's just do not understand the word "OUT'. I mean hey we have those magical backrooms and endless supply of everything. Right?
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

I would have asked how you expect to do this when the laws of physics dictate that the product is not visible in your store or the warehouse, then put her on the spot to see her answer. You could tell her that it IS on it's way but will take two months to arrive (underpromise and overdeliver), so that when the product IS on the shelves, one would be sent out right away. If she keeps calling, just say, "Remember that i told you it would take two months.. it's a slow process."

Comment

Quoth emax4 View Post
            I would have asked how you expect to do this when the laws of physics dictate that the product is not visible in your store or the warehouse,
            Why then, it must be....say it with me now, you all know the words!... IN THE BACK!
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Roflmao, we need to add the category of *birthday* to ruined holidays for the scoring system to work correctly

I used to subscribe to Gevalia, both the regular shipment and one year I got the single plantation coffee of the month plan. They shorted me some peaberry, that I didn't notice [ it was the between Thanksgiving and Christmas shipment, I had so much crap arriving that I didn't even notice it hadn't arrived] until I got a huge box from them with the coffee maker, 2 mugs, a matching white cannister with coffee scoop, the missing box of coffee and an apology note. I absolutely can not dis Gevalia's customer service - I shot them back a thank you note =) I still have the cannister and mugs, but the coffee maker died about 10 years back after working for about 7 years.
              EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

I would have just kept repeating, "We haven't got any to send" until she stopped saying "send it to me," but then I've lost my patience with people like this.
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                  Why then, it must be....say it with me now, you all know the words!... IN THE BACK!
                  Duh! How stupid of me I'm guessing this is why Bed Bath & Beyond has repeat customers, cuz if it's not "in the back" it's in "BEYOND". (cue Twilight Zone theme)

Comment

OK, I corrected my non-vagueness in my original post, thanks to those who pointed it out

Comment

Quoth emax4 View Post
                      Duh! How stupid of me I'm guessing this is why Bed Bath & Beyond has repeat customers, cuz if it's not "in the back" it's in "BEYOND". (cue Twilight Zone theme)
                      Actually, I was thinking more along the lines of "To Infinity....AND BEYOND!"

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                      Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                      X