Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just yesterday I got a big bag of Starburst candy packed into a box of some computer supplies I had ordered for work. They were free, but were listed on the invoice as CANDY PACK STARBURST with a quantity of 1. Cracked me up.

And there was once an unintentional gift: I had ordered a box of file folders and received 3 pairs of women's leather dress sandals size 7. Nobody could track them, so they're technically mine. Naturally, they are not my size.
    Last edited by walking with scissors; 03-01-2007, 01:19 PM.
    "Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings"-Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

I forgot some of the cutest gifts I was ever given- they were from my campers in my Camp Days.

* the froggie statue I already mentioned. Our camp mascot was a frog.

* a little girl (who was absolutely one of my favorite campers) gave me a little fuse bead horse that she made herself. She remembered that my favorite thing to do is be with horses, and she even went so far as to try and make it look like my favorite horse at the barn!

* At the end of the week, my one group of campers all made a card and pooled their change together so I could buy an ice cream at the end of the day. I think that is the sweetest "tip" I have ever received.

* One little girl made me a fish out of plastic lanyard string.

* a few girls drew me pictures

* one really little girl (maybe 4) made me a necklace out of beads

I have kept all these things- excpet the dollar- I did buy ice cream at the end of camp that day I miss summer camp...
      I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

We had a regular "studio audience member" on a series we shot at public television who used to bake the crew brownies. She was a little charmingly eccentric, but she made a tasty brownie. The brownies were a little bit of a bribe...the lady liked appearing in audience shots. I think it was a little "hint, hint."

When working as a fortuneteller, I've been paid, tipped, or gifted in interesting and useful things, such as booze, jewelry, and fancy candy. Probably the coolest thing I got was a silver-plated pinecone that a someone who was a member of a silversmithing group gave me.

Comment

When I worked in the flower shop portion of my store, I used to help an old gentleman get flower arraingements for ladies at his local hospital. He liked to visit the nurses station and bring them things. So, my co workers and I would freshen up any old arraingements we had and sell them at a vastly discounted price to him. One day, he brought in 1/2 pound boxes of Godiva chocolates for each of us!
          Yum!
          I've also gotten tips from male customers for fixing up flowers with engagement ring centers for their (presumedly) future fiances. That was always nice, and the guys were always in such a good mood!

Sigh. Don't get tips or any gifts any more, no matter how much I help folks... Oh well, it's my job! Even a sincere 'thank you so much' is good, really!
          I no longer fear HELL.
          I work in RETAIL.

Comment

How do you polish a silver-plated pine cone?
            Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Quoth HYHYBT View Post
              How do you polish a silver-plated pine cone?
              Very carefully, with Pine Sol.

Okay, I really need to go to bed now.

Comment

I had a guy try to give 5 pounds of marijuanna one time... If he had gotten it to me a few years earlier it would have been a great gift but at this point I had quit smoking pot.

Comment

Quoth ominousoat View Post
                  and they were always oatmeal raisin cookies (which I think are God's way of saying he's mad at us)
                  What's wrong with oatmeal raisin cookies? If they're soft and fresh, they ROCK!!

Peanut butter cookies, on the other hand...

Back on topic, I have yet to get a tip, weird or otherwise.
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

At my first store we had a sale every 6 months on kid's pyjamas.
                    You had to have a coupon, and it was only from this date to this date.
                    Well the day before the sale a man came in and asked if he could get the pyjamas for the sale price.
                    Jokingly, I said 'No, but we accept chocolately bribes!!'
                    We all had a good laugh and I gave him the sale price anyways.
                    Well he came in the next day with a box of chocolate for us! And it was an expensive $25 box!
                    Sadly, nothing like that since.

Comment

When I used to work in fast food, we had this weird old customer who was always bringing us "presents." The thing is, he did dumpster diving and that's how he got the stuff he brought in. He brought in candles, a watch, some broken makeup, and who knows all what else. o_O Weird.

Comment

Working...
                      X