This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post

Nobody's going to say boo about any of this, because the SCs turned around and bought $400 worth of stuff from us after getting their gift card. Every business professor and customer service "expert" alive would say we did the right thing in caving.
    Then they're idiots who aren't worth the paper that thier degrees are printed on.
    Both by taking a loss on the returned furniture and training these customers that they can make huge purchases and then return discontinued items after the normal return policy has expired it's harming the business.
    But hey, that's why they're "experts" and don't have to actually work the jobs that they claim to know all about, hey?
    Hell, they probably try to pick up furniture with a 2 door smart car....
    Last edited by Redbeard; 01-16-2012, 01:47 AM.

Comment

The six pieces of furniture had been out in the main aisle in front of furniture for (checks date of OP) nearly three weeks without a single one selling, probably because nobody knows what the finished product looks like.

So it was decided somebody should build two displays, one for each different piece (I originally said three different pieces; I was wrong on that. There's only two.). Whomever was assigned this task did not read the directions and fucked them both up. We're talking a coffee table and an end table nearly completely assembled, sans one or two pieces that now can not be attached without taking the whole thing apart and starting from scratch.

So now they want somebody to go take those two partially-assembled pieces apart and re-do them. I have a better idea: chuck 'em and start over fresh.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I have a better idea: chuck 'em and start over fresh.
        Ass-embler or Ass-emblage?
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I assembled a different end table as a display and tried to have the other claimed out as defective.

However I was informed I cannot do this, because:

1). it is priced under a junk SKU, like free goods, so the table really is not in our inventory, and
          2). we "need to get our money out of it."

The amount of money we need to get out of this half-assembled table? A shade under $30. Feel free to blame me if the company goes into Chapter 11.

So I went to try and disassemble this table, and whoever assembled it did a real shitjob of it. Cams weren't placed where they were supposed to go, dowels were stuck in the wrong places, and for the life of me I couldn't get one of the decorative side pieces off. Finally it came off with a good tug--and some dried glue flaked onto the floor.

Yup. The person took the tube of glue that's only supposed to be used to glue dowels into place, and used it to glue the decorative part to the table side.

Then when trying to pull the sides apart the pieces broke. Okay, in all honesty, I was tugging at it a little more than I should have.

But because this table was priced under a junk SKU and isn't in our inventory, that means we can just chuck it in the compactor with no consequence. So that's what my manager and I did. The table is now sitting in the dumpster awaiting a fate most unpleasant, and I am sure I will be called on the carpet to explain what happened to it. Oh well.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I am sure I will be called on the carpet to explain what happened to it. Oh well.
            That part's easy. Just explain that the table met a customer and suffered from the experience.
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

The amount of money we need to get out of this half-assembled table? A shade under $30. . . . I am sure I will be called on the carpet to explain what happened to it.
              When called on the carpet explain that you saved the company money. Dear Gord, the Swamp already has how many payroll hours invested in this? Paperwork from the return, unwrapping, moving about, assembling, disassembling, REassembling. That's not even counting the overhead of moveable product that could have been out on the floor in this thing's place. I hate how throw-away our society is, but basic math skills says this one's finally where it belongs.

Comment

Working...
              X