Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have 2 bunnies (both mini-rexes and adorable) and as much as I love my them, I don't have time to let them out to run around more than once a week. 2 hours a day? Not a chance; and by no means would I consider myself cruel (not to animals. People, on the other hand... ) And I've never seen a pet store that lets the animals out unless they're being bought, so these idiots don't have a single thing to complain about.
    "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth tintaglia View Post
      As to there being more animals, we did still have 1 guinea pig, several hamsters, a fair few budgies and 4 full tanks of fish
      No iguanas?
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Bliss View Post
        Btw, the pancake bunny's name is Oolong, a sweet little bunny that passed away some time ago. you can find him if you search wikipedia (warning, Oolong is also a chinese type of tea)
        and, yes, this was some time ago, but i still remember, a character from the anime, dragonball. but to me, the whole thing about the rabbits in hamster cages is just dumb. if you switched out the cages, or nothing was wrong, then why do people have to bitch about it?
        ALL UNATENDED GROCERIES SHAL BE RESTOCKED! (or incinerated, pick your poison )

Comment

Sometimes people like to bitch just to hear themselves bitch, or to bitch until someone caves and "proves them right." It's part of the SC code.

And seriously? Oy. People like her make people like me sad, because I'm an animal person, all about animal rights, graduated with my degree in Zoology from an ag school. Let those of us who know what we're talking about handle these issues, eh?
          "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

I actually used to HAVE rabbits, 2 of them (One a dwarf, the other a fullsize rescue from the SPCA), and I have friends who have a rabbit. The 'Hamster cages' this lady is screaming about are actually quite a bit taller than hamster cages of the same footprint, and are pretty much standard.

I think behaviour like this is another form of entitlement, really. It's the same sort of incessent need to control... just instead of needing to get that 47' TV for the price of the 27' that she peeled off and stuck on the box, she NEEDS you to care for the rabbits EXACTLY like she wants you to, because she's read some posts about rabbit care on a website.
            Check out my webcomic!

Comment

Quoth Daskinor View Post
              I really cant stand the PETA, and PETA like people. The most hard core believe that we should not even keep any pets.

Please edit quotes
              I remember hearing a story about one of the heads of peta being a diabetic. They originally tested the meds on dogs IIRC. When informed of this and asked she said, well she needs to keep healthy so she can keep fighting for animal rights.....
              Last edited by Ree; 03-16-2007, 10:28 AM. Reason: Editing irrelevant parts out of quote

Comment

I eat rabbits. /ducks.

No really, I'm a member of ARBA (American Rabbit Breeders Assoc.) and I'm a Rex breeder. I don't like waste, I also don't like animals being neglected and abused, but I don't think that eating my culls counts as either. I also sell the pelts. Yes, I've got a lot of flak for this. I don't like filth at all, so you can imagine how clean my barn is (and how beautiful my garden is!)

Once, near a PETA demonstration (hey, they invaded my lunching hangout), I was eating some BBQ rabbit legs, and one of those fruitcakes came over to loudly berate me for eating that innocent chicken.

"It's rabbit."
                "What?"
                "Rabbit, y'know, like Thumper, Bambi's friend."
                "Gasp!"
                "I like to eat Bambi, too."
                "Killing innocent creatures for food....!"
                "You're shoes are made of leather."

And I walked away from the sputtering hypocrite.

There is a big difference in cage size for rabbits and hamsters in pet shops. And while my cages are bigger than what they are kept in in a pet shop, the shop's cages are more than adequate. Don't let the idiots get to you, just let them fulfill their place in society as mild entertainment. If we didn't have idiots, life would be boring.
                ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Working...
                X