Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would never roll my eyes at a customer's first request, or if I grabbed the wrong pack of cigarettes....like if they asked for Newport and I grabbed Camels. But when they started "the game", you bet I tried to make them feel like I was being inconvenienced.

Unfortunately, all we sold were cheap crack lighters, and those don't hurt lol.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I know what most of my regulars get to the stage where they can come in and either ask for some cigs or just say "10" or "20".

My main bugbear are the people who don;t know what they smoke: "20 of those cigs. The ones with the blue on the packet" or they point "20 of them" - invariably the ones who point tend to shake someone so you have a finger tracing foot wide circles in the air whilst you try and guess where it originally started.

However, the one that really winds me up is Embassy adn Regal smokers.

There are 2 brands in the UK - one is Embassy Number 1's which come in a red packet and one is Regal Kingsize which come in a blue packet. Several people come in and annoy me with these.

SC: 20 embassy regals.
      Me: Which ones please? Embassy or Regal?
      SC: Embassy Regals.
      Me: They are two different brands. Which one would you like Embassy OR Regal?
      SC: Well, which ones do i normally get?

Note these are not people who are playing - they genuinely don;t know what they usually smoke or that they are two different types of cigarette. Similar to the people who when asked "King size or Superkings?" reply "Yes".
      Grrrrrr.....
      Good customers are as rare as Latinum. Treasure them. ~ The 57th Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition.

Comment

I have to admit, when I was sloshed, I had difficulty pronouncing "Benson and Hedges, ultralight menthol 100s", but I could at least point to the right pack....

I don't know if I'm sad or proud that I have no vices left. (although I salivated over a pack of More's Menthol the other day... they used to be my special treat when I still smoked).
        GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth tollbaby View Post
          I have to admit, when I was sloshed, I had difficulty pronouncing "Benson and Hedges, ultralight menthol 100s", but I could at least point to the right pack....
          Don't worry, I wouldn't have held it against ya if all you could do was point at the cigarettes you wanted. That name is a tongue-twister even for the sober.

For instance, for some reason I keep adding an "s" at the end of menthol whenever I say it out loud.
          my favourite author is neil gaiman. - me
          it is? I don't like potatoes much. - the chatbot I was talking to

Comment

Quoth Miss Maple Leaf View Post
            Don't worry, I wouldn't have held it against ya if all you could do was point at the cigarettes you wanted. That name is a tongue-twister even for the sober.

For instance, for some reason I keep adding an "s" at the end of menthol whenever I say it out loud.
            It is. It's also hard for some people to say "Virginia Slims" - some of those mispronunciations are quite vulgar to say the least.
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
            X