Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IPF- Oddly enough, I will drink coffee-flavored hot chocolate, but not the other way around. Ghiardelli (sp?) makes a mocha hot chocolate mix that is pretty good. The coffee taste is not overwhelming.

And for the record, the vanilla tea is from the BN cafe, not Starbucks. In case anyone is thinking, "they don't have vanilla tea...." (Actually, I don't know if they do or not; I don't usually get tea at Starbucks.) BN carries teas by a company called Harney & Sons. The Vanilla Comoro (whatever that means) with 3 sugars and a bit of milk...so good, even better if you have a sore throat, it's like liquid cough drops.

This ends the advertising portion of this post. Now back to our regularly scheduled post.

I used to get at least one hot chocolate almost every time I worked, since employees get half off drinks in the cafe. Now I can pass Starbucks on my way to work if I want to. I usually take back roads to work but if the weather is bad I take the highway which takes me past Starbucks, so that's usually when I stop. (Today it was pouring since last night and I went the back way and drove through a 6 inch deep flood.)
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Am I the only person thinking of the Simpsons episode where Bart goes to the mall and every store turns into a Starbucks?
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

See, I was thinking of the first episode of Clerks, where every store in the Quiker Mart had a coffee shop in it.

Including a bookstore, with a coffee shop, with an even teenier bookstore on the inside.

At least, I think that's how it went. I haven't watched the series in a dog's age...
        Character flaws aren't a philosophy -Scott Adams

Comment

Even in my smallish town...there are two Starbucks right across the street from each other. One is inside my store, the other is at the nearest end of the next shopping center over, across a street. It's about a 2 minute walk. I almost never go to the independent one, though, because they screw my drinks up. I have friends at the in-store one, and they know my drinks by heart and give me free stuff. They are the only reason I started drinking Starbucks...it sure beats making instant at home. Ew ew. Caramel Frappucino with extra shots...yummy.
          Discourtesy Clerk, purveyor of fine hay bales, pine scented douche and stuff that's not in bins since July 2006.

Comment

There's a Starbucks in the mall i work at, another right across the street from the mall, and a few doors down from THAT is a B&N with, you guessed it....another Starbucks. And if that wasn't enough they are building ANOTHER Starbucks right in the same area. Good god how much coffee do people around here need?
            Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

ugh, even though i work for them, every time i see a new starbucks i'm like WHY?!

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                Am I the only person thinking of the Simpsons episode where Bart goes to the mall and every store turns into a Starbucks?
                "Can I get earring please?"
                "Sure but you better make it quick, there's a Starbucks opening here in 5 minutes."
                *Bart walks out with an earring and a Starbucks coffee.*

I also remember a George Carlin joke where he said that someday they'll open a Starbucks in people's pants.
                The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Quoth ominousoat View Post
                  Makes me think of the film "Idiocracy," where the country is in a famine because Gatorade (BRAWNDO!: The Thirst Mutilator) took the place of water and they began spraying the gatorade on the crops. Water was "for toilets only"

Yeah...this woman certainly belongs in that movie.
                  Heh heh heh...I love that movie.
                  "It's got electrolytes that plants CRRAAAAVE"

Comment

"for whom no Staryucks need exist....that's some nasty coffee IMO."

I have been to Starbucks twice and both times ended up with an $8.00 cup of coffee that I throw away because it tastes burnt. I have found though that I can take $2.00 and go to Burger King and have the same ultra large cup of nasty, too strong, burned tasting coffee.
                    Last edited by mscrybaby; 03-04-2007, 02:16 PM. Reason: messed up the punctuation

Comment

Quoth katie kaboom View Post
                      Good god how much coffee do people around here need?
                      Here in my town, we have:
                      Dunkin Donuts
                      Starbucks around the corner from the DD, only about half a block down
                      Peets at the other corner of that block
                      (going the opposite direction)
                      Dunkin Donuts in the other direction, probably about a 5-minute walk
                      Starbucks catty-corner from that
                      (90-degree angle from the first bunch)
                      DD up in Washington Square
                      Starbucks not far from that

So (not counting the two 7-11s within walking distance) we have 7 coffee shops within about a 10 minute radius from my house.
                      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Drakstern View Post
                        See, I was thinking of the first episode of Clerks, where every store in the Quiker Mart had a coffee shop in it.
                        I don't recall exactly how that episode goes, but now I'll watch it on one of my days off. (If I have time...I've been putting off doing my taxes and I have a special project or two to do.)
                        Unseen but seeing
                        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                        3rd shift needs love, too
                        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth PaperKitty View Post
                          Me: Hi wha..
                          SC: I want something cold with no calories!
                          PSG: what about water?
                          SC: DON'T say WATER to ME! That's what they drink in under developed countries.
                          "OK, how about a lemon spritzer?"

Then hand her a cup with cold water and a splash of lemon juice. Sheesh, bit full of herself, wasn't she?

Comment

I have to say that in large cities, I understand the Starbucks across the street from each other. I bypass 2 on my way to work, and walk an extra half a block for my morning fix so that I don't have to cross the street. Drivers in Boston are unpredictable and obnoxious!!
                            The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

We have a Starbucks attached to the BN about 2 miles from me in one direction (though it requires going through downtown which is a PITA), across from the mall; and used to have a SB inside the Acme which was 2 miles in the other direction and really convenient for me (for groceries, not coffee ) but the store closed . Then there's one down the highway a couple towns over with a drive-through and everything. Downtown has several places to get coffee, as does the mall. And there's a Dunkin Donuts across from where the Acme was.
                              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

At the corner of Merivale & Hunt Club in Ottawa, there are three Tim Hortons within a block of each other. Tasty sandwiches though
                                GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Working...
                                X