This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Problem, New Twist

I'm the lucky person here who gets to read customer registrations and enter them into our database. That consists of:

1. Looking up the record for the serial number they are registering and verifying that nobody else has registered it.

2. Creating an address record from the information they supply.

3. Linking the serial number record with the address record.

Several times a week I get a registration where they supply me with every piece of contact information, including optional information, but don't give me the serial number.

If you're asking yourself how I am supposed to know which serial number to link to their address, you get a cookie.

If the next thing you do is wonder what the bloody point of filling out a registration form is if you're not going to tell us what to register to you, you'd get a box of cookies (if I 1. had a box of cookies and 2. wanted to part with it ).

I've pondered this plenty of times. To the point where my brain cells have become acclimated and stay put instaed of trying to escape.

So what does today's moron do to those poor shaky brain cells?

Fills in the serial number box...and nothing else.
    The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

I wouldn't mind a box of cookies but I'm not sure I remember how to open it now.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

My brain doesn't feel very good.
      "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
        I wouldn't mind a box of cookies but I'm not sure I remember how to open it now.
        Application of percussion implement? (Hit it with a hammer)
        ludo ergo sum

Comment

Working...
        X