This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worse call I took in the call center

This is not really a SC just a sucky situation.

To give you a little background, I had been off work for 8 weeks of maternaty leave. My little girl had died just moments after birth. I went back to work and the first couple of days they had me get everything updated in my manuals and then sit in on a couple of calls to get back into the swing of things. The following was the first call I took once I was put back on line. It has been almost 16 years ago, but I remember it was yesterday.

FCCR - Me
    MC - Military caller

FCCR: Thank you for calling big calling card company my name is FCCR how may I assist you today?
    MC: My calling card will not work and I need to call my MIL
    FCCR: I'll be glad to see what is wrong, what is your account number
    MC: gives account number
    FCCR: verifies account info
    FCCR: I see your card has been suspended due to excessive attemts, have you been using your card alot today
    MC: Yes, my wife and son just died in childbirth and I am trying to notify the family and make arrangements for their funeral back home.
    FCCR: Sir, let me get your card working for you as soon as possible. (Put customer on hold, call the manager to get card turned back on and make note on account as per increased usage)
    FCCR: Sir, your card is now working again, is there anything else I can do for you today.
    MC: Just say a prayer for me.
    FCCR: I will, thank you for using big calling card company.

About that time the manager was standing behind me. She took me off line for the rest of the day.

What a horrible situation for you to find yourself in. I'm glad your manager was compassionate enough to realise the effect that must have had on you. Even at this distance, I am sorry for your loss.
    A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
    - Dave Barry

Comment

Words cannot express my sympathy at your loss. My heart goes out to you.

It is wonderful that your boss was able to see the entire situation for what it was and show a bit of compassion to you.
      I know I'm laughing but it's really not funny. - Me
      "I was in the hall. I know, because I was there." - Clue

Comment

Oh my! That brought tears to my eyes.

My heartfelt sympathies to you (and your caller). I hope you have found some peace in these past 16 years.
        Retail Haiku:
        Depression sets in.
        The hellhole is calling me ~
        I don't want to go.

Comment

Working...
        X