Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most of those calls I deduce are from people who are hoping they found something good.
    Occasionally it's an irate mommy who found a bottle of something-or-another in Sweetum's backpack.

Anymore, I pretend to look something up, then tell them I can't find it, and refer them to poison control. It's a potential legal liability to us if we get it wrong, and I'm just not motivated anymore to enable these drug users.

Bad enough when I have to give directions to some N00B who wants to know how to get here so they can buy a 10 pack of needles. >_<

Comment

Quoth AFpheonix View Post
      Most of those calls I deduce are from people who are hoping they found something good.
      Occasionally it's an irate mommy who found a bottle of something-or-another in Sweetum's backpack.
      >_<
      Tell them to go to the book store and get one of those pill books. They've got lots of pictures

If I were mommy and found that I wouldn't be calling the pharmacy. If I wanted an expert to tell me what it was I'd bring it in and let you actually see it. Plus Sweetums and I would be having a chat as well.
      Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 03-04-2007, 07:10 PM. Reason: typo
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Ah, but BSE, it's so much easier and cheaper to call your local Pharmacy that America Trusts!

*insert gagging noise due to spoon here*

They always start calling at 10 pm, too. It's like the witching hour in this town.

Comment

everytime someone calls her BSE, I'm like "mad cow? where?" *shakes head* I worked there way too long.
          GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

I found a round pill under the fridge once. It was red, and had a small white "m" on it.

Think I should have called poison control?
            "Time shall help me face my painful memories with indifference, and with more of it, I won't feel the need to face them at all..."

Comment

Quoth tollbaby View Post
              everytime someone calls her BSE, I'm like "mad cow? where?" *shakes head* I worked there way too long.
              Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy

Is that mad this way:

Or mad this way: ?

I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

heh. I used to work for the Animal Health division of the Canadian Food Inspection Agency. BSE was our nightmare (because of course, we'd only get positives on Friday evenings on the eve of a long weekend and then we'd all have to work late.. got to the point where we'd be EXPECTING it when it came through on the fax).
                GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Poor thing

I feel quite bad for that poor lady. I hope she actually does find a pc sometime soon.
                  ...but I'm a bastard and so desensitized to the scum of humanity that I'm immune to the Stun status effect.
                  Quoth Gravekeeper

Comment

Working...
                  X