This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEK-logic, and the wife strikes back!

(sorry if my grammar/punctuation is bad...I'm still in bed and family wont quit bugging me while I type)

Yesterday, I got a customer (he sent the wife), she was nice but didn't know what he wanted, so she called him on her cell...anyone in auto parts knows this game well.

First she asks a man, not the woman...man is in a red shirt, non management, woman...me...grey...a/k/a manager.

She tells him hubby ordered a core...man said heater core, she said she guesses..no heater core, last name check, no orders...so I ask was it store-to-store or fedex...she calls the lazy arse that shoulve come in himself instead of having that beer...

he commences to yell at her, then she changes it to pick up coil, big difference...one is for water the other is for the distrbutor (electrical)

so I ask, year make etc, she relays to chief shouting eagle, and cant get anything out of him except for "I CALLED EARLIER"

Our new system "saves" the last 10 parts looked up, not the last 10 calls. The last list didn't have pickup coil so I needed to start all over

She hands me her cell, he does more "I CALLED EARLIER", I inform him that shift change has occurred and no pickup coil is in the list, so year make model well start over, "YELL YELL RABBLE RABBLE" ... I camly hand the call back to her and say "Please, tell him to be less rude so I can find what you came for."

She tells him that no one here was present for his call earlier, (she was here when we clocked in and the others left) and gave him a few what-fer's under her breath, then me the phone back...

he was so humbled when he spoke now...I would love to know what the specific what-fer's were she told him

When I handed the phone back, I told her that I understood the frustration present in distributor work, especially on a chevrolet, she agreed and said "he still didnt need to yell at you".

Thank you "customerssuck" for giving me the courage to hand the phone back with a request for mood alterations
    You have the right to behave badly. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a blog of my choice.

I'd be afraid to send her home with the wrong part, hearing how her husband acts. Nice job finding a way to calm him down.
    I've been here for two years, work harder than most others, and I'm getting paid $1.80 an hour
    less than the 17 year old slacker you hired two months ago. Maybe that's why I'm not chipper at work.

Comment

Something tells me she advised him of his future sleeping arrangements if he didn't stop that...or perhaps his future living arrangements? Geez, I would never send someone else to get my stuff unless I wrote down exactly what I needed, that's just rude.
      Your dignity shredded in five minutes or less, or your abuse is free.

Comment

Working...
      X