Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's break things and get away with it!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's break things and get away with it!

So I was at work last week, it was quite a busy night, and we were all greeted at the bar with the sound of glass smashing.

OK, stupid customer had dropped their drink and smashed their glass. Fair enough, it happens like ten times a night. But then the manager comes up to me.

Manager: I think they did that on purpose.
    Me: Broke a glass?
    Manager: Yeah, there's way too much scattered around, it looks like its been thrown.

A few minutes later, another smash, then another. This time, same group of people. Broken glass and broken bottle. Mess was everywhere.

The manager casually sat down at a neighbouring table, out of sight, and watching them.

The group of people were getting up randomly, and throwing their drinks at our cellar door! Breaking glasses and bottles!

What is worse is that this was not a group of young people! It was a group of adult men and women, easily in their fifties! Manager walks up and asks them to leave. They have the nerve to protest.

[inside the mind of one of these sucky customer]: OHHH! Pretty sparkle when smash! AHHHH! Noise! SMASH! Hah hah hah...pretty...*bonanza theme*
    Your dignity shredded in five minutes or less, or your abuse is free.

Comment

HULK SMASH!

I can sort of see how it would be fun (I love the sound glass makes when it shatters) but I'm not dumb enough to do that in a bar. Did you make them pay for the glasses or no?

Comment

CRML, the manager didn't make them pay for the glasses?

Comment

I pray to god they didn't get free drinks out of this either...
          I know I'm laughing but it's really not funny. - Me
          "I was in the hall. I know, because I was there." - Clue

Comment

Maybe they thought they were in one of those japanese bars where for an extra yen or so you can smash the plates...
            Learn wisdom by the follies of others.

Comment

That reminded me of a time, probably close to 15 years ago, when a buddy and I had been at a Tavern for awhile.

If I recall, it was Last Call, or at least, we were working on what was going to be our last beers, even before this incident. Now, I'm a happy drunk. So, if anything, I just get more talkitive, and gesture even more.

Well, I'm jabbering, and gesturing away, and WHAM!! I knock my beer mug over, with a fair amount of beer still in it, and it goes crashing to the floor, and shatters!

I was so damn embarrassed, I apologized profusley, and left the bartender a five dollar tip.

Mike
              Meow.........

Comment

Maybe they were Greek...don't they like to smash the plates when they party?
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Yeah... at weddings...
                  I know I'm laughing but it's really not funny. - Me
                  "I was in the hall. I know, because I was there." - Clue

Comment

reminds me of something a couple of years ago. we have like for mart carts "electronic shopping carts" some teenages took them to the back of our store were we have no cameras, ripped the cords outs and burned the baskets. why? i will never know
                    History repeats, the names and dates change, but its always the same old story.

Comment

Quoth po'drph View Post
                      CRML, the manager didn't make them pay for the glasses?
                      Nah he didnt make them pay. He should have, but the company sends us the glasses so it doesnt come out of anyones pocket (except the companies). I wish he had made them pay, the staff could have got a round of drinks after work!

Comment

Working...
                      X